• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW R nineT Full press release and photos

My guess is its the other way around; market research of the target market said a telescopic fork was a requirement for this niche bike.

Not to mention it looks so much better than that pogo stick paralever/telelver and works well by all accounts .

If the unusual BMW thingy was so good how come no one in any form of competition uses it ??

The Griso is nice, but it's a bit clunky Italian looking compared to the Bavarian super model :brow

i-DzJSvzf.jpg

A bit clunky but oh that V8 engine.

:brad

:rofl

We are grumpy old men wrapped up in ATGATT (or in my case MTGATT) who have forgotten what it is like to lust after a bike that makes us dream of carving canyons with a scantily clad hottie clinging tightly to our waist as we do.

:D

Or, clinging tightly to a scantily clad hottie as she carves her way through canyons. Sounds like more fun to me. :brow

During a recent trip to Germany I picked up Motorrad magazine special BMW issue 2/2013. Next to a detailed article about the Concept Ninety, they had a lengthy interview with Hans Muth, former BMW Motorrad chief designer and father of the R90S and R100RS asking him about his opinion of the Concept Ninety. Boy, did he tear the thing apart...

Last edited:
I tried to track down the article but no luck so far. I am curious what his comments were. Care to expand?

Back