• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Saeng's stealth windshield edging

nazdairian

I'm considering installing Saeng's stealth edging on my Aeroflow and am looking for information and feedback regarding its effectiveness. At nearly $13 per foot it turns into an over $100 investment. I don't mind the cost if the product is effective. Thanks. Naz

Our local club did a test on the Saeng Edging a few years back. Heres a summary of what we found.
1- It does exactly what they say it does.
2- We found that a 1 ft. piece across the top would add 2-3 inches to the evelope height.
3- Consaquently, 6-8 inches on the sides did the same for the rider, but caused some turbilence for the passenger.
4- It creats a GREAT deal if DRAG resulting in decreased MPG according to speed.
5- The drag also puts a tremendous load on the windshield and its supports. (my windshield tickled my belly at 90)
We determined that the best overall results were to use 8-12 inches, centered at the top of the wind shield.We all agreed that any more was detremental to function.

Hope this helps some. Bones:jawdrop

Last edited:
edging

Put it the whole way around the W/shield on my 93 LT. It was a vast improvement. I could keep the w/shield the whole way down with no wind or turbualnce on my face. I like to ride with the face shield up and this is the only way to go But $100.00, how large is your windshield?

B52G
The windshield is a tall Aeroflow on a '95 GSA, I'm considering lining the whole of the top half and along the top of the BMW hand guards, it totals out to +/- 7ft. perhaps as Bones' research concludes, a 12 inch strip across the top may do the trick. Thanks for your response. Naz

I used it on a Aeroflow on my '97 RT. Helped a lot. It took the "Waffling" out of the wind. It also helped control the rain coming off the windshield.

I now have a CE Bailey and no problems. Best screen I've tried. I sit very tall and the stock is a farse, Parabellum helped, Aeroflow was better and offered better arm protection, the stealth edging helped more, but the Bailey is the way to go.

I have not seen the Saeng eding but has anyone tried using the protective car door edging from an auto store?

Saeng

The Saeng edging and car door edging have about as much in common as "lightening" and a "lightening bug." Saeng's edging is an airfoil specifically designed to alter the way air flows over and around the windshield.

I've used it on both my R850 with the factory shield, and on a Pacific Coast. In both instances it worked well and did what it claimed. IT IS NO CURE ALL. The PC still had crappy aerodynamics with the factory shield, and the R850 still had minimum coverage, but both were noticeably improved by the Saeng edging.

One last thought: before spending a large amount for edging, maybe you should consider putting that $$ towards an aftermarket windshield.

Terry

Terry,
Thanks for your reply. A tall Aeroflow is on the GS and does a good job of protecting and deflecting, I am interested in widening the air pocket around my arms and shoulders. Naz

Back