• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

powering heated gear from a megaboost battery-tender SAE plug?

ezwicky

hi all,

i use a megaboost battery tender which uses an SAE harness connected to the + and - battery terminals. is there a line of heated clothing that uses this same connection? i'd like to *not* need to connect another set of wires to the battery terminals... it's already getting crowded in that vicinity.

thanks in advance,

-eric

hi all,

i use a megaboost battery tender which uses an SAE harness connected to the + and - battery terminals. is there a line of heated clothing that uses this same connection? i'd like to *not* need to connect another set of wires to the battery terminals... it's already getting crowded in that vicinity.

thanks in advance,

-eric

I don't think so - any more - the coaxial just work better. But Warm and Safe and Powerlet both have adaptors for coax to SAE and vice versa.

I've powered my tank bag with inlet and an SAE Powerlet outlet port on which I use a 3" SAE to coax adapter that runs my jacket.
You can get them in various lengths and Powerlet will also make you any type of custom length adapter you might want if its not already in their extensive list. Call if you have trouble deciphering the website- it needs some fixing- but their service is excellent.

i went over to revzill and bought a gerbing liner and gloves. it came with a battery harness with a coax plug. i also got an SAE / coax adaptor, to plug the SAE battery-tender plug into the SAE end, and the coax end into the coax plug on the battery harness.

my megaboost battery tender gave me a "reverse-polarity" inication, so i cut and reversed the two wires of the adaptor and now all is well. weird that i had to do that but it works now.

Back