• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New (ish) member from the SF Bay Area in California

aspielman

I've actually been a member for two months or so, but haven't posted or really ready anything. I've got an old, restored and modified R75/6 set up as a mild cafe racer - and last week decided that my Multistrada 1000s was done, and traded it in on a new 2014 R1200R Classic (with system sidecases and a shortie windscreen).

I'm completely amazed by the bike: it's as light, has more power and more torque as my Ducati, and actually handles better. It's even more comfortable (and my Multi was a pretty comfy bike).

I've been riding since May of '87.

So, hello there.

Vroom indeed, and welcome aboard. What's your name?
The R12R is a fine bike; I just rode mine yesterday down 25/198/33 to Ojai and Santa Barbara, returning home today.
How about a picture of the R?

Welcome!

You might want to check out NorCal: http://bmwnorcal.org/

We are an extremely active club with over 200 members. Are monthly meetings are overnight campouts somewhere in California. We have monthly second Sunday breakfasts somewhere in the bay area usually followed by a 70-90 mile ride. We put on the 49er Rally over Memorial Day weekend in Mariposa and the Range of Light Gypsy Tour over Labor Day weekend that takes you over 1000 miles on some of the best motorcycle roads in the state with 3 different campgrounds and catered meals.

Look me up and say Hi, if you show up at one of our events.

:dance:dance:dance

Welcome! :thumb

Glad to have you here and hope to read some nice road trip articles of your rides in the Bay area.

My favorite place to visit but I've never been there with a motorcycle.

Glad to hear you like the R. They are one sweet ride.

Welcome!

You might want to check out NorCal: http://bmwnorcal.org/

We are an extremely active club with over 200 members. Are monthly meetings are overnight campouts somewhere in California. We have monthly second Sunday breakfasts somewhere in the bay area usually followed by a 70-90 mile ride. We put on the 49er Rally over Memorial Day weekend in Mariposa and the Range of Light Gypsy Tour over Labor Day weekend that takes you over 1000 miles on some of the best motorcycle roads in the state with 3 different campgrounds and catered meals.

Look me up and say Hi, if you show up at one of our events.

:dance:dance:dance

+1 on the NorCal folks. Very active club and they welcome new riders. You won't be a stranger for long. :thumb

Great to see another R12R owner here :). I traded my 2010 F650GS for the 2013 R12R and absolutely love the bike. I also live in SF and found a couple others over at advrider.com on an extremely long R12R thread. How are you liking the change in bikes? Considering any accessories?

Sent from my iFingertips

Back