• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tank Bag Suggestions for 2012 G650GS

kantuckid

I'll try this here query here as a duplicate of an F650 Forum thread I started yesterday & trying for more input. As there are scads of brands & models of tank bags, help me out if you have a bag that's a great fit,quality, value,etc., on this MC. I had hoped to use my Wunderlich bag but it is just too large IMO, as it crowds the bars and the tummy area. I sort of "get it" as to how some women get attached to a certain purse-I hate to give up my tank bag. I ride trips only, no dirt & no commutes.
The severe hump of the fake tank area & short distance between the seat & bars causes some bags that say they are made for that MC to fit no better than the bag I have from pictures I've viewed. My notion of a properly shaped bag for this MC would have it not so high at the seat end and taller toward the bars. Some slope this way in what has the map window facing the rider.
My current bag- the base measures 10" wide/front(that's OK @ bars) x 13.5"wide/back @ rider(that's kind of wide) x 15.5"long (that's a bit long but will work if the new bag is not so tall near seat) x 6.75" tall(at lowered height which is about as high as works well on this MC lowered).
I'm not real excited about dropping large cash for a BMW bag but am willing to do the ~$200 area & down & don't have a particular brand in mind either.
:scratch IDEAS????? :scratch

THANKS!!!

To me it makes most sense to buy bag made specifically for the bike. This almost always is limited to the bag from BMW.

FWIW, I just bought the Wolfman Explorer Lite from Revzilla using their cash back deal @ $112 w/free ship. Made for a sloped tank & fits length & width too.
I wonder about the idea of using velcro instead of straps? I see that Held is using velcro on some of their non-magnetic bags. Would be much easier to use, take on/off than straps. How much velcro is on them is the next question?:dunno

I use the large Wolfman Expedition tankbag on my 2013 G650GS Sertao. It's tall and narrow,has no side pockets to hit the handlebars and requires no rain cover. It also fits sloped tanks. Priced at around $160 it sure is a better buy than BMW's version.
It also does double duty on my R1200GSA.

I got the Wolfman Lite & while it's well made I dislike the lack of stiffners to give it some shape. I'm thinking I'll return it & go with the more expensive Wunderlich Elephant Lite bag.
Anyone know who discounts Wunderlich?

Back