• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

r100 GSPD key removal question...Help please

windypoint

I want to paint my bike and I have everything removed from the bike but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the key mechanism. I have the wire cover off and I don't want to break the plastic housing. Anybody done this before?

I want to paint my bike and I have everything removed from the bike but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the key mechanism. I have the wire cover off and I don't want to break the plastic housing. Anybody done this before?

The ignition switch? What year is your PD? If I remember correctly the bezel screws on to the switch body from the top and has two small holes so that you can fit a pin wrench.

It's a 93. The problem part is the plastic insert that the actual key slips into. I have decided to mask the key it and paint around it. The plastic piece is brittla and appears to be a barbed press fit. Thanks.

Back