• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Riding dissapointment

I live in an area of mtn twisty roads. The straight stretches actually all have names(there are only a few) to further make my point.
On the subject mentioned above, double yellow lines, here in KY on two lane hwys the lines often make no sense at all! Shame to have a huge fine,etc., when the lines seem to be where they shouldn't be & absent when they should be there??? I've wondered who decided to be stupid back when the paint & signs were done? We are talking hwy safety here, not just some itch I've got to complain! Near me are several spots that don't allow you to pass in what's a great place to do so, while other places it's allowed but not prudent place to do so as not long enough. As they say, go figure...:banghead
Highway signage in general is sadly lacking as is the guard rail issue here too. Some places a slight curve with a curve sign, others a big curve & no sign. Deer signs sameo- the critters are all over but the signs are sporadic and maybe a waste of $$$ anyway? Guardrails here seem to be a "who has the contract" & needs to get a "political payback" as one spot has them & it's a shallow ditch while another is a deep ravine & yet none.:banghead

Back