• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I watched The Youtube Video of the NY Motorcycle Gang

Undercover cops are prohibited from engaging in unlawful activities, even to maintain their cover, unless their life is in danger (often a scenario in undercover drug operations).

The 'undercover officer' riding with this gang of idiots should not have joined in, and has earned the wrath of his department.

The others (cops) riding along picked the wrong kinds of buddies to hang with - they showed no better judgment.

If a private citizen is being injured by criminal activity, I have to believe in this case they'd do something. If the driver was killed, the undercover would be just as guilty in my eyes.

The undercover was the one beating on the back window with his fist, not the one who broke the drivers window with his helmet

Ken

So where do these riders come from? do they have a "club house" somewhere? Do the they hang out for a while, and then decide to go out and cause pandemonium in the streets? returning to said clubhouse and guffaw over their crazy antics? Pound a few beer, scribe some circles, don't get it. Heard on the news, could be wrong, that 1400 bikes were seized today? What's that about, if it's true. Is this a trend? Just asking as a big day for me is a fifty mile spin through the hay fields and then back to work.

I've read about this on two "motorcycle" forums. One thing I noticed is what I call a significant short coming of our society. We tend see things as black or white with little to no shades of grey. Peoples comments seem to be either 100% in condemning the motorcyclists or in condemning the SUV driver. I see both at fault.

On a side note: One thing I noticed that was not disclosed is that the driver's side view mirror on the SUV appears to be already damaged by the time the video starts. Chances are the altercation started before the start of the video.

This is one of my favorite quotes from a movie. It's from Men in Black.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." IMO, this sums up the attitudes of many of the motorcyclists on that video.

From what I read, the motorcyclists wanted to shut down the freeway to perform stunts. I'm sure they realized this would cause some panic among the drivers. So, when one rider went down, they should have kept their distance rather than driver put the driver into panic mode.

The guy fearing for his family, IMO, panicked and drove over the motorcyclist making the situation worse. The driver of the SUV made a poor choice and escalated the situation by running over an individual. This is something he will have to live with the rest of his life. Had the driver shown some concern for the downed rider, I doubt things would have escalated the way they did. Of course, this is all speculation and we'll never know for sure.

I also find the AMA response very one sided. From the AMA link: "The American Motorcyclist Association is troubled by the contents of a video that was taken of the incident -- both for the serious injuries caused by the SUV driver and for the actions of some motorcyclists who apparently decided to take the law into their own hands."

They talk about only the injuries caused to the rider, and downplayed the injuries caused to the driver and the threat to his family. I have a feeling that the driver of the SUV would have been beaten to death in front of his family if it wasn't for a concerned passerby.

I've read about this on two "motorcycle" forums. One thing I noticed is what I call a significant short coming of our society. We tend see things as black or white with little to no shades of grey. Peoples comments seem to be either 100% in condemning the motorcyclists or in condemning the SUV driver. I see both at fault.

On a side note: One thing I noticed that was not disclosed is that the driver's side view mirror on the SUV appears to be already damaged by the time the video starts. Chances are the altercation started before the start of the video.

This is one of my favorite quotes from a movie. It's from Men in Black.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." IMO, this sums up the attitudes of many of the motorcyclists on that video.

From what I read, the motorcyclists wanted to shut down the freeway to perform stunts. I'm sure they realized this would cause some panic among the drivers. So, when one rider went down, they should have kept their distance rather than driver put the driver into panic mode.

The guy fearing for his family, IMO, panicked and drove over the motorcyclist making the situation worse. The driver of the SUV made a poor choice and escalated the situation by running over an individual. This is something he will have to live with the rest of his life. Had the driver shown some concern for the downed rider, I doubt things would have escalated the way they did. Of course, this is all speculation and we'll never know for sure.

I also find the AMA response very one sided. From the AMA link: "The American Motorcyclist Association is troubled by the contents of a video that was taken of the incident -- both for the serious injuries caused by the SUV driver and for the actions of some motorcyclists who apparently decided to take the law into their own hands."

They talk about only the injuries caused to the rider, and downplayed the injuries caused to the driver and the threat to his family. I have a feeling that the driver of the SUV would have been beaten to death in front of his family if it wasn't for a concerned passerby.

In the end, the motorcyclists were probably the cause and then went over the edge breaking the window, pulling the guy out, beating and slashing him. If it turns out that the bikers started it, then they will be held accountable even if the driver ran over the guy because his fear and actions may seem reasonable. Of course in the real world it takes two, but there's usually one side that pushes it farther than it has to go and the results speak for themselves. So, yes, both sides made mistakes, but who was out looking for trouble? It wasn't the driver and that's how a judge and jury will see it.

The guy fearing for his family, IMO, panicked and drove over the motorcyclist making the situation worse. The driver of the SUV made a poor choice and escalated the situation by running over an individual.

I don't see it that way at all. He had the sense to realize where his strength lay, and used it carefully. He avoided a lot of riders after he got past/over the ones blocking him.

Many drivers would not have realized that going up and over was even an option. Kudos to him. I didn't see any panic in the way he drove off.

So where do these riders come from? do they have a "club house" somewhere? Do the they hang out for a while, and then decide to go out and cause pandemonium in the streets? returning to said clubhouse and guffaw over their crazy antics? Pound a few beer, scribe some circles, don't get it. Heard on the news, could be wrong, that 1400 bikes were seized today? What's that about, if it's true. Is this a trend? Just asking as a big day for me is a fifty mile spin through the hay fields and then back to work.

http://gothamist.com/2013/10/04/nypd_shows_photo_of_dozens_of_seize.php

I have run into this group of morons heading south on Rt 87 going over the Tappanzee bridge. They are dangerous, out of control and totally indifferent to the safety of anyone, including themselves. The guy that got squished and will be sucking fluids for the rest of his life via an anal feeding tube (hopefully) got what he deserved. The 3rd world toilet wife/mommy crying for justice shows the mentality of these idiots; we are not responsible for our actions, you are. I understand that quite a few of these sleaze bags had no plates on their bikes, wow, how convenient, that means no registration, no insurance either. So if one or more of these jerks gets hurt, like the moron that got squashed, his family might be liable for his medical bills. I have to wonder if this is why mommy/dirt bag wifey are whining so much. Maybe this idiot was one of the guys without plates/insurance. Boy wouldn't that be a fitting end to this family. If this is the case, I wonder if they will figure out that if they see family members doing stupid things, perhaps, just maybe a little pressure to do the right thing might, just maybe be justified rather than turning a blind eye and pretending like most people do today. I don't know about the rest of you but I stopped pretending and making believe when I was....oh, about 2 years old. WTF is the problem with the rest of this world today? I have to apologize for sounding so cranky and brutal but after having to deal with people like this and riding responsibly like I(we) do, I get really annoyed that their behavior will give us a bad reputation and cause problems for the long haul for everyone while they will just continue being a-holes. Look what has happened to responsible gun owners. Need I say more?

I have run into this group of morons heading south on Rt 87 going over the Tappanzee bridge. They are dangerous, out of control and totally indifferent to the safety of anyone, including themselves. The guy that got squished and will be sucking fluids for the rest of his life via an anal feeding tube (hopefully) got what he deserved. The 3rd world toilet wife/mommy crying for justice shows the mentality of these idiots; we are not responsible for our actions, you are. I understand that quite a few of these sleaze bags had no plates on their bikes, wow, how convenient, that means no registration, no insurance either. So if one or more of these jerks gets hurt, like the moron that got squashed, his family might be liable for his medical bills. I have to wonder if this is why mommy/dirt bag wifey are whining so much. Maybe this idiot was one of the guys without plates/insurance. Boy wouldn't that be a fitting end to this family. If this is the case, I wonder if they will figure out that if they see family members doing stupid things, perhaps, just maybe a little pressure to do the right thing might, just maybe be justified rather than turning a blind eye and pretending like most people do today. I don't know about the rest of you but I stopped pretending and making believe when I was....oh, about 2 years old. WTF is the problem with the rest of this world today? I have to apologize for sounding so cranky and brutal but after having to deal with people like this and riding responsibly like I(we) do, I get really annoyed that their behavior will give us a bad reputation and cause problems for the long haul for everyone while they will just continue being a-holes. Look what has happened to responsible gun owners. Need I say more?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6wOt2iXdc4

Or a better cut:

Classic

I read this poster's comments over at advrider. Can't say I blame him, or disagree all too much with his stance.

There are 50+ pages of two merged threads at advr on this incident. Also, somebody there pulled and posted multiple videos from the "videographer's" (ha ha) YouTube channel (which he later yanked) showing much of their day out prior to this bit with mr Range Rover. These are the so-called Hollywood Stuntz, and yes, the mama of the dude who got run over has posted his photo from the hospital onto her Instagram page, along with some vehement commentary about the "evil" SUV driver who "did this" to her son or whomever he is to her. (Additional chit-chat following)

My initial thought was simply how tragic this is, but now, I'm thinking it was really only tragic for the folks in the car. Obviously, there is a missing link, but dude (also obliviously) set these meatheads off... Which is pretty much exactly what they wished for. The fact of there being two NYC police officers involved on their own time.... It just goes to show you- nobody is above anything.

The [current] bottom line- multiple arrests, at least 50 bikes impounded/confiscated, one officer cited for his involvement and another in the wings...

Any legal or OTHER ramifications coming down on these guys is well justified. Their actions and attitude are reprehensible. Not to mention inexcusable. I have no compassion for them, or anyone else who puts any & everyone at risk in the name of rampant hooliganism. Any one of them who sustained any injuries got what he or she deserves. Not that I have any real faith in the American "justice" system... But I sincerely hope as many of these A-holes as possible go to (or BACK to) jail for a long time. Any of them hurt or killed during this spree can burn or rot.

I'm not normally so cold hearted as to wish ill on anyone... but I occasionally make exceptions.

Here is the "merged threadfest" from Advrider. I read quite a lot (maybe 1/2) of it, and followed many of the links to articles and videos.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=923745

Here is some Instagram stuff turned up in a google search. Read "miistawriight" saying, we got the driver tho" (paraphrasing)

http://statigr.am/p/562275819928663704_286662284#/detail/562275819928663704_286662284

Read the commentary here: (caution!! Graphic hospital pic)
http://instagram.com/p/e5uuWsCSx3/

Many of anyone who seems to have been involved has deleted or privatized any Instagram or other websites/accounts. Apparently, "Hollywood Stuntz" is A guy who has since come out denying any involvement. The supposed. "gang" may not exist formally as such.

ATTN: MODERATORS:
Hopefully this isn't too over the top. I understand we here at MOA aren't normally going to express super strong negatives on most subjects. Beyond opinions expressed, anything else is posted to show much more of the story than is available here. If I'm going beyond the boundaries, I apologize. Do what you need to and I'll read the PM on it.
THANKS!

Tom

Last edited:

So if you are looking for your stolen dirt bike, try New York or Baltimore.

2013_09_motorcyles.jpg

What a bunch of idiots!

These dip****s are simply road vermin and we should no tolerance or sympathy for them whatsoever. Unfortunately that now also applies for the "poor" Jayzee in a coma in the hospital because the GANG HE CHOSE TO RIDE WITH participated in activities that almost any jury in the country will find offensive and threatening.

What is equally offensive, is these are supposed adults, many of them in their early to mid 30's, along with cops of little or no integrity. And moreso offensive is the Facebook "Justice for Jayzee" page, trying to gather donations for his hospital bills (fortunate he had not signed up for mandatory Obamacare insurance before this event) and help support his wife and two young children. I'm sure he had a very good job anyway.

Cruze, the one who started the stop of the RR, suffered no harm whatsoever, and claims he was hit for no apparent reason.

These gangs (I will not consider them bikers or motorcyclists) are simply little boys with grandiose attitudes about their entitlements.

The discussion stream is deep and extensive at ADVrider.com, in case anyone feels these cretins were wronged or justified in their actions just read the multitudes of information there.

I just took a quick look at the video above, (first 30-45 seconds) and stopped it because I was getting so pissed off. I noticed only ONE vehicle with a plate, ONE! That was the first 4 wheeler in the video. Where are the police? The state has millions locked up in red light cameras etc to tag us for $$$$$. Not safety, just $$$. Again where are NYC 's finest? Any officer with any integrity should be screaming for their dismissal immediately but not one voice has been heard, what does that say about these guys. Those so called LEO involved with this group displays the mentality and stature of our city police, what a joke. This is the last I have to say about this, good grief!

Once you get past his usual barrage of profanity, George Carlin had a very insightful mind into the human condition, how we perceive ourselves and how we 'function' as a society.

His disdain for 'political correctness' and other mamby,pamby accomodations forced on the many by the few, are a breath of fresh air in our current chaotic world.

I will miss him. :violin

Once you get past his usual barrage of profanity, George Carlin had a very insightful mind into the human condition, how we perceive ourselves and how we 'function' as a society.

His disdain for 'political correctness' and other mamby,pamby accomodations forced on the many by the few, are a breath of fresh air in our current chaotic world.

I will miss him. :violin

He's a NYer. What some view as profanity is just everyday talk. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

On ADVRider.com someone posted the NYPD has a no-chase/persue policy. Which, to a point I can understand. So these vermin know it, and amass in numbers the cops could not reasonbly handle, ride unlicensed bikes in large packs so the cops again won't stop them for registration violations, wear full face helmets or face masks to avoid camera detection, but then have the "smarts" to GoPro their high jinks and post it on the web?

Guess they failed the stupid test a long time ago.

I say the officers should just Tazer them and watch them fall and crash. Put THAT on thier dumbass videos.

Back