• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Here is the new 2014 BMW R1200GSA

As a low mileage rarely riding kind of guy I can't wait to spend a bucket of cash on this bike so I can park it in front of Starbucks :nyah

So you are heading down to the local Harley Davidson dealer to drop $30,000 on the 2014 FXPSTEiEIO ElectraHydro Glide.

Some early thoughts on the new water pig. http://selil.com/archives/4430

....The fuel tank is about a gallon less than previous models. That has a long distance rider like myself concerned. The brochure states in several places that range has not decreased. I?d have preferred that range been increased with better fuel economy and the same or larger tank size.

I don't see how it has NOT decreased? Is the waterboxer GS delivering that much better mpg than the camhead GS?

Some early thoughts on the new water pig. http://selil.com/archives/4430 I'll dig through the press kit deeper tomorrow and maybe put something more substantive up

It appears that the upper crash bars are primarily designed to protect the radiators. The leading edges seem to be well inside the widest part of the bike. Would have to be in fairly tight gnarly woods to be an issue.

Got MAX's ad on my smart phone and noticed pics of the new Adventure...had to go to the laptop for a better view.

http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/machine/details.aspx?ID=6149

I'm going to wear my '09 out, but know many of my buds who are waiting to upgrade...I'll ride one of theirs to see what's up then:thumb

Attachments

• GSA wethead frontal.jpg
    GSA wethead frontal.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 305
  • GSA wethhead 2.jpg
    GSA wethhead 2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 305
I have one in the olive green coming in March. I am switching to knobbies as soon as I get it. This will be for off road mainly.

I have one in the olive green coming in March. I am switching to knobbies as soon as I get it. This will be for off road mainly.

Congrats in advance:thumb...big ol' bike for off roadin'...picking it up after about the third time of poor line choice will make you appreciate a lighter dirt runner. I still haven't learned any better...nor have my skills gotten better with age:hungover I am wiser however and let someone else lead now!

That bike I showed has Michelin Anakee 3's...I am using them 80road/20 dirt...they are not knobbies for sure!...but do OK on gravel, light mud.
My '09 came with Continental (Trail Attacks I think) and I got stuck in wet grass the first week :laugh:laugh:laugh

...That bike I showed has Michelin Anakee 3's...I am using them 80road/20 dirt...they are not knobbies for sure!...but do OK on gravel, light mud.
My '09 came with Continental (Trail Attacks I think) and I got stuck in wet grass the first week :laugh:laugh:laugh

That's the tire that came on my GSW. A good friend and experienced dirt rider said the only thing the Continental attacks is your self-confidence! I agree. :laugh

Last edited:
Do we have an ETA for the USA?

I road the GSW at the BMW center for the day and might consider moving over the the new GSWA when it arrives..

any one know of an ETA yet?

Back