• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

State of Tourism in WV

Spent a long weekend riding eastern West Virginia (and western Virginia). It was magnificent! Stopped by the Hermitage, it is still closed and for sale but at least someone is keeping it up. And Rt. 28 from 33 south to 250 is still a magnificent piece of road, all the more so at the height of the autumn foliage.

I do at least one WV ride a year - since I discovered it about 10 years ago. I've stayed at the Inn at Snowshoe. It does have a bar menu that is actually pretty extensive. The rooms for sure need some updates - it looks a bit like a frat-house - but the beds are comfortable, and the WiFi finally works in the lobby (forget about anywhere else - but if you go on the front porch you can tap into the WiFi from the place across 28..)

What I have found as great places to stay are the WV state parks. Many of them offer motel room like lodging, and they usually have a decent restaurant/bar attached. http://www.stonewallresort.com/ - has first class lodging and several restaurants on site to choose from. They also have cabins for rent around the edge of the lake if you are on a group ride. http://www.canaanresort.com/ - Canaan Valley Resort, in the Canaan Valley state park has motel type rooms, cabins and two restaurants and a bar on site. In both cases - the resorts are located in the state park, but they are run by private enterprise. Prices are what I'd consider moderate - and with just a bit of talking when you're registering the room prices can be bargained down to outright cheap in the off-season.

2013-06-24 08.44.10.jpg

Seen on the pool entrance this spring at Showshoe.. usually this sort of home-made sign is done in response to some event.. in this case barefoot naked drunks running around the pool area comes to mind.. :) Didn't see any when we were there, but I'm guessing it's different during ski season.

2013-06-23 20.30.44.jpg

Sunset at Snowshoe..

Back