• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Best Carb Sync tool for 1996 rt1100

Yeah I think the last ones shipped last spring. They do come up for sale in the flea market on ADV and other sites now and again. If you follow the thread over on ADV the inventor is going through some personal hardships right now making the production of more product impossible. There are a lot of frustrated would be buyers out there and that is a shame. Again, if you follow the thread you know all this..

Well, I have to apologize to the group. The most recent post on that 79 page thread in ADV Rider is actually from 10-5-13. Looks like a lot of people have been following it for two years in hopes of buying one. Of course at the end of it all, the result is the same: none available at this time. And I agree, the OP wanted to know the best tool, it apparently is the Harmonizer. Not much debate from anyone, including me, on that point. I guess this guy Grok has some personal issues going on that don't seem to be getting resolved very quickly. Myself, I wasted two+ riding seasons restoring my "dream" airhead that I planned to ride, only to quickly sell it. Now I just enjoy actually riding my trusty oilhead, not constantly waiting for parts or special tools. If a tool isn't available, I move on, find something that is out there, and which works reasonably well. I'm just saying that the OP may want to do the same.

Resurrecting an old thread for a bit of news

The Harmonizer is now available through Beemer Boneyard. They have been available recently on ADVrider where I ordered mine a moth or so ago and got it in a few days. Grok seems to be stable with supply and I think the fact that they are now being sold through Beemer Boneyard is testament to that.

Snookers (below) - sorry for throwing you for a loop with an old thread, but I guess we can throw one more check mark behind the twin max.

I made this last year and got good (but tedious) results with it:
IMG_4595.JPG

I'm looking forward to putting the Harmonizer up against it this spring.

Last edited:
:wave
Hello, Now that I have retired and I have more time to perform the regular maintenance on my Motorcycles. I used to do a lot of my own work and had Carb sticks at one time but they since have vanished. I have looked at a lot of carb sync tools and most would work but I am interested in what has worked for you. One that you would recommend for the RT1100. The RT is my third BMW and I hope not my last BMW. Thanks Bob

Bob....I have been using the Twin-Max for my 1100RT.......it works as it should. How do I know this?.....my bike dosn't surge....at all

Resurrecting an old thread for a bit of news

The Harmonizer is now available through Beemer Boneyard

http://www.beemerboneyard.com/harmonizer2.html

Thanks for the update. It's good to know they can now be easily bought, for those that want one. I know they are a good tool, but for me, I just lost interest over the years in trying to get one, and now plan to just keep using my Twinmax for that job. If I come across a spare $140 to put into my bike, I will add another $60 to it and get a AF-Xied chip. I believe that will make much more of a difference in the smoothness of the engine that any slight improvement I would get from the cash outlay for the Harmonizer.

...plan to just keep using my Twinmax for that job. If I come across a spare $140 to put into my bike, I will add another $60 to it and get a AF-Xied chip. I believe that will make much more of a difference in the smoothness of the engine that any slight improvement I would get from the cash outlay for the Harmonizer.

If you get bored and feel like comparing them someday, I'm just a bit up the road.

For the longest time I used a Twin Max for carbs and TB's and kind of thought a Harmonizer was just so much hype. And then I bought one and promptly sold the Twin Max. Problem with a twin max is it doesn't tolerate anything but a brand new battery every time you use it, not so with a Harmonizer and it does make a difference. True, the difference is slight but it is there and you can feel it if you pay attention. So, long and short is the Harmonizer is a well built quality tool and superior to a Twin Max and let's face it... TB sync is time consuming especially on an RT oilhead so why not go with the tool that does the very best job?

For the longest time I used a Twin Max for carbs and TB's and kind of thought a Harmonizer was just so much hype. And then I bought one and promptly sold the Twin Max. Problem with a twin max is it doesn't tolerate anything but a brand new battery every time you use it, not so with a Harmonizer and it does make a difference. True, the difference is slight but it is there and you can feel it if you pay attention. So, long and short is the Harmonizer is a well built quality tool and superior to a Twin Max and let's face it... TB sync is time consuming especially on an RT oilhead so why not go with the tool that does the very best job?

Having owned Mercury Stix, Damped Gauges and a Twin Max, I totally agree with you. So much so, I have 2 harmonizers. I would never be without one.
And they don't EAT batteries - they go to sleep. Both my units are on their original batteries.

If you get bored and feel like comparing them someday, I'm just a bit up the road.

Thanks. I appreciate the offer, and if the weather around us clears up I may take you up on that. I would love to see if it did a better job than the TwinMax, as many say it does. There's nothing like seeing them both working, and the end results. I might actually buy one then.

Put a brand new bat in the twin max and it just might equal the Harmonizer, might. When I had my twin max I thought that as long as I could zero the meter I was good to go, WRONG!

Like it says, "It ain't your daddy's twin max".

Back