• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Rox Adjustable Risers Fit '09F650GS

hoss01

hoss
I recently posted the forum about my need for a more comfortable handlebar placement on my 09 f 650 gs twin and two members recommend the Rox adjustable risers.
It seems there is mixed bag on fitment for this motorcycle.
Question....... Do any of the members have first hand experience with this type of conversion?
If the Rox can be used to improve my riding comfort- how much longer must the brake cable be.
Also.....will the new risers cause the clutch lever to disengage on a hard right turn.
Would like as much detail as you are able to forward.
Thank you in advance.

Hoss

I recently posted the forum about my need for a more comfortable handlebar placement on my 09 f 650 gs twin and two members recommend the Rox adjustable risers.
It seems there is mixed bag on fitment for this motorcycle.
Question....... Do any of the members have first hand experience with this type of conversion?
If the Rox can be used to improve my riding comfort- how much longer must the brake cable be.
Also.....will the new risers cause the clutch lever to disengage on a hard right turn.
Would like as much detail as you are able to forward.
Thank you in advance.

Hoss
Hi Hoss, I think I was one of the members that recommended them as I have a set on my F800. The cable (hyd frt. brake) was not really tight but snug. I chose to order a longer one from Speigler and changed out during a fluid flush interval.If you Check This Page I think some of your questions can be answered.
I will add the specifics to your title to help.
Gary

Hoss,

I am having a similar issue and ordered these risers for my 2010 F650GS. I installed them to check fit but like Gary said, the brake line was too snug for my liking. Other than that, they fit the bars fine and no clutch problems. Unfortunately, they haven't been tested on a ride for comfort; they are now sitting on my workbench. Once I realized that the brake cable needed replaced with a longer one, didn't want to make the leap into changing it out. Before I ordered them I called Rox to be certain the risers would work with my bike model and the tech told me I would need the brake line. Had to see for myself though so I didn't purchase it with the risers. They sell the longer brake line for around $50 if I remember correctly.
I have bleed brakes on my truck before but wasn't real confident in doing this on a bike. Incorrect brake bleeding could end badly on a ride was my thinking. The issue of my concern was the ABS. There was an article I read that said you had to hook up a computer to cycle the ABS and get the fluid moving through the pump while bleeding and other articles said that wasn't a concern. My choice was to wait and have the BMW dealer do it. Just have to suffer until then unless someone in the forum has a foolproof method they use that would be safe to use.

Bruce

Hoss, I recently put a 2" Rox riser on my 2012 F650GS. I purchased the brake cable with it and had my service center install it during a routine service. I rerouted the clutch cable to the outside of the fork tube and have plenty of room at full lock both sides. Definately makes the ride nicer.

Back