• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Shock springs

I bought my Roadster used. I've noticed that the rear shock spring is Red ? where as the front spring is Grey ?

Anyone else have a Red rear spring? Just wondering if it is aftermarket And perhaps a different rate? Am thinking about going to a new set of Hagons over the winter.

At 50,000 miles I replaced my stock units front and rear with Hagon and the springs are red. They are a big improvement.

When I changed the spring on my rear Wilbers shock I went from a black spring to a blue spring. The colours may just be a visual way for any manufacturer to quickly identify the load rating or perhaps they can be ordered with paint to match your bike? I wouldn't go by the colour to I.D. the maker.

Back