• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

LF: BMW Accessory Switch Part Number

globalrider

Alps Adventurer
I'm hoping someone has the part number for the BMW accessory switch that mounted atop the handlebar clamps.

I remember seeing those. They were rectangular and would house two rocker switches.

If you have a pic as well, please post.

Also looking for any other options for a handlebar mounted switch.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks, I came across that switch (#2) which is used for the heated grips, in the BMW parts catalog.

I'm looking for the one that is similar to the one used on the older (maybe even newer) F 650 singles. The one that mounts atop the handlebar hold-down caps. Bolt spacing would matter so the F bike part may or may not fit. They had one just like that one for the airhead R bikes. It may have come off another model and not the GS.

Like #3...
102.png

If you can't find exactly the right part, maybe you could adapt from the K75S items -

Attachments

• 61-2717.png
    61-2717.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 44
I'm hoping someone has the part number for the BMW accessory switch that mounted atop the handlebar clamps.

I remember seeing those. They were rectangular and would house two rocker switches.

So, you're looking for a switch that will hold two switches? That's what you've written.

For the big Airheads, the "dashboard" that clips onto the center of the handlebar will do that. For the '85-on models, the thing screws to the top clamp rather than clip to the handlebar.

Would help if you'd indicate which Airhead you have.

Would help if you'd indicate which Airhead you have.

1990 BMW R100 GS. The switch was never offered on that model but owners did install them. It came from another model (R or K) and fit perfectly.

I'm familiar with the "pad" that covers the top yoke and houses a couple of switches. My R65 had something similar.

The BMW parts diagrams aren't the greatest, so I wasn't sure about the line drawing above, if it was what I was looking for or not.

So I went to Google images and checked the F650 GS accessory switch...looks like what I am after IF the bolt hole spacing is correct.

Attachments

• F650 Switch.jpg
    F650 Switch.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 29
Back