• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Who wants a truckload of K-Bikes??

If I could, in a heartbeat.

I would go for it, I just don't have the cash that fast. Interested? PM me. This is a gold mine. I got the shop and the space and the ability.

Look a little closer. The parts hacking looks to be well underway. Windshields, seats... what else is already gone I wonder? And most with dead fuel pumps. These are 1996 vintage cop bikes. Pretty tough to sell a used authorities bike in the best of times.

Run away!!! :bolt

At about $500 per bike with shipping, it is a dismantlers dream. Even if you only took a few of them back to running status it would be a win.

And most with dead fuel pumps. These are 1996 vintage cop bikes. Pretty tough to sell a used authorities bike in the best of times.

Run away!!! :bolt

Agreed, limited market for these bikes. They have not had the easiest life and most buyers are aware of that.

I would be interested in this, if it wasn't for the fact that "Most of the fuel pumps ar brooken".

I could probably find how to afford to buy the bikes. Shipping would add to that, but Oh well!

But the new shop building I'd have to build to hold them, combine them, make a few good ones and part the rest - that building I can't afford.

But a new huge shop would be nice. Oh well. I pass!

And no one's mentioned that getting complete-looking (even if non-running) bikes through US Customs is not trivial: these machines weren't built to US DOT/EPA standards, and we know that neither BMW AG nor BMWNA will confirm the bikes meet those requirements.

And no one's mentioned that getting complete-looking (even if non-running) bikes through US Customs is not trivial: these machines weren't built to US DOT/EPA standards, and we know that neither BMW AG nor BMWNA will confirm the bikes meet those requirements.

I thought about that myself. One might not be so bad...[personal purchase] but a bunch of them ? the fed might think dealer? Not sure what can-o-worms that might open?

To bad we couldn't do a group purchase...each guy take one. But then again...that could be a ?? in itself.

And as mentioned they are after all 17 year old police bikes. Having maintained those for years , I know first hand just how badly they [can] be treated.

Back