• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2004 R1150 GS running hot

A Beer, is a unit of measurement.

A beer, can indeed be a unit of measurement.

An acquaintance, named Dave, once declared that 2 liters of beer was to be considered a 'Dave' of beer.
I then announced that if so, then 1 Liter of beer was equal to 500 milliDaves.
That seemed to be confusing to the group.

Best be careful with new units of measurement.
We almost lost a Boeing 767 once.

Yoda may remember if he was around Winterpeg in '83.

A beer, can indeed be a unit of measurement.

An acquaintance, named Dave, once declared that 2 liters of beer was to be considered a 'Dave' of beer.
I then announced that if so, then 1 Liter of beer was equal to 500 milliDaves.
That seemed to be confusing to the group.

Best be careful with new units of measurement.
We almost lost a Boeing 767 once.

Yoda may remember if he was around Winterpeg in '83.

2 Liters of beer would be a "floor of beer".

I actually was in Gimli a few days after that plane landed. We were bull-penning machines for winter roads at the old hangers. Some interesting stories came from that adventure and when I hear about, even now, I still can't believe nobody got hurt.

We're way off topic here but what the hey. In 2003 I flew from Vancouver to Seoul Korea on the famous Gimli Glider. Although it was one very old plane and is currently parked in the desert waiting for some people in Manitoba to get enough money together to bring her home to Gimli (well, they think it should be her home) the crew absolutely LOVED flying on that plane I was told.

When I asked why they told me it was the luckiest plane in the entire fleet. They reckoned chances of something like that incident ever happening again on THAT plane were slim to zip! :laugh

The Hudson River landing was pretty amazing but this guy ran out of fuel at 41,000 feet and glided a 767 well over 200kms to an abandoned air field and made it. The landing gear was trashed but they fixed it and flew the jet out of there two days later! It's an amazing story.

We got way off topic a long time ago but it has been fun.

I actually thought we were trying to buy it back to add to our subsidized housing..............

She sat on the ground for a week while cranes and crap were brought in to lift it. They used one of our Cats to turn it around then anchored it to two Cats during the engine testing.

One guy I ride with, he rides a Connie, was the sheet metal guy. Another friend, since passed, did the engine testing. In actual fact, it did take them just two days to fix it and get in the air. It just took about two weeks of fussing with it to get it lifted, change the gear, get it turned around, get fuel in it and an extra day to find the co-pilot's and pilot's shorts.

We were convinced they tossed them when they got off the plane so nobody knew they **** themselves.

Since we are so far off topic, I will just add this little extra:

The three bars on the First Officer's applets mean; "Not My Fault".

The four bars on the Captain's applets mean; "It's All My Fault".

I have good authority on this as my son is a First Officer on an A320 he just smiles when he describes some stuff.

Nothing better than a good hijack and I have not even cleaned the radiator yet.

Keep it lively.

Nothing better than a good hijack and I have not even cleaned the radiator yet.

Keep it lively.

Well with the overnight temps in Denver going below freezing maybe you're just not motivated!

C'mon now, clean that oil cooler! :clap

Meanwhile we'll just keep farting around here...

Well with the overnight temps in Denver going below freezing maybe you're just not motivated!

C'mon now, clean that oil cooler! :clap

Meanwhile we'll just keep farting around here...

It's youth soccer season and adult softball season - not much spare weekend time until November

Plus it isn't that cold. I am still riding to work most days.

Back