• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Flip a Lever Source

brittrunyon

'92 R100GS
Sorry to have to ask.......
but ~
my searches have all been dead end streets.......
Where might I find this beauty.........:D
Thanks Bunches

Sorry to have to ask.......
but ~
my searches have all been dead end streets.......
Where might I find this beauty.........:D
Thanks Bunches

Those are made by a local guy Van Johnson. His email is ,...van.j@att.net. He just moved so if you do not get a reply.[I know he has been very busy] ping me back & I'll call him.

Thanks for all the info..
Van got back to me but $57 is a bunch O cash.
Hmmm?

Yeah....I've tried to hint that they were a tad high?...but he sells the heck out of them at bike-nights & various other gatherings?

BTW...No I don't have one :nono I adapted a Vista ? cruise.

Never used any cruise control device. Never get that relaxed. When first started riding, realized I was getting too much into the enjoyment, the rush you know, and knew that I might be heading for a rude awakening. That's when I deepened concentration, you know, getting down the road safely, and cruise, in my mind anyway, got in the way. got heavy springs in the carbs too, they snap shut real nice. However, to each their own. big fat grips help give a little leverage too, allowing the throttle hand to move around a little, but keep a steady throttle. 2 cents.

I talked to my friend and he has the screw type throttle locks, not the Flip-a-lever.

Anyone, anyone?

I'm totally interested.
I would love a "screw type throttle lock" for a '81 r 100.

8ninety8
What "big fat" grips are you using?
Thanks for your 2 cents.............

Big fat Pedone grips, bought'em at a Dells rally way back, never seen'em since. Can kinda lay my palm on the backside when I get tired of squeezing, kinda like cruise control old school.

I'd post a picture but can't because the attachment button only brings up something unrecognizable to meself, a bunch of boxes with question marks inside, as if I know which box with a question mark is a picture of hand grips. Not complaining, just surprized at another improvement, question marks, how appropriate.

I'd post a picture but can't because the attachment button only brings up something unrecognizable to meself, a bunch of boxes with question marks inside, as if I know which box with a question mark is a picture of hand grips. Not complaining, just surprized at another improvement, question marks, how appropriate.

That display shows you the files that you have already uploaded. But at the top right of that display is a box that says Add Files...you can use that. Or, even easier, is to use the "Insert Image" which is just above the text box for the message. See the little film-strip icon...to the left of that is the "Insert Image". Click that and browse to find your picture then upload.

Big fat Pedone grips, bought'em at a Dells rally way back, never seen'em since. Can kinda lay my palm on the backside when I get tired of squeezing, kinda like cruise control old school.

I figured out how to do an end run around the new system, so try this, 898.

Right click on your image and do a copy. Come back into your Reply, right click again, (don't use the image icon in the tool bar) and then paste your image into your Reply. Now you'll have a line of text in your Reply. Submit your Reply, and go to edit. Now your line of text will become a URL line of text. Carefully delete the "url" letters on each side of the text, and type in "img". Now save your edited reply and the image will appear.

Back