• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Flea Market

peterbonly

I have been patient. Can someone please explain what is happening with the Flea Market? If I want to sort airheads from oldest to newest I get all kinds of parts, accessories and even other brand bikes with a occasional airhead. Is the Flea Market software considered finished and complete? :dunno

The Flea Market is a separate animal from the forum...different software. I've not looked much at it but have seen some issues along those lines. The best that I can say is to call the office on Monday after say 9am central and ask for Jeff.

The problem doesn't lie with the flea market as much as it lies with the people who put in the ads. If they don't fill out the form correctly then any sort function (i.e. by model or date) will not function correctly.
The flea market is just a big database and like any database it's a case of garbage in, garbage out.

Paul -

It's really busted...I've mentioned this to the office. If you go to the FM and click on the link for Airheads, you get 90 listings. Then if you try and further sort that by clicking on Lastest Listing, you no longer get just Airheads but you get 463 records...huh?? The first item on the list is a K1100LT.

Busted Flea Market

WOW! someone heard me!! Thank you Kurt, Administrator. Very much appreciated and while I understand GI-GO, the previous iteration of the Flea Market worked very well: look for Airheads, sort by highest price, lowest price, oldest et al. Sometimes, I believe, someone did purposely "misdirect" their ad but on the whole it worked.
Way off, way different now. :confused:

Back