• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Beemers and Warbirds Rally in Va ???

mosrrt

I have some interest in the Beemers and Warbirds Rally in Va on Oct. 11- 13.
Anyone ever been to this rally ? Good ? attendance ? Hotels / Motels in the area ?
Thanks , Mike

I go every year...I camp. There are motels/hotels in the area, but nowhere near the campground - you'd have to ride about 10 miles or so to get accomodations. The campground (North Landing River campground I think is the name) has nice showers, a central pavilion with fireplace and power to meet in, an excellent Saturday dinner cooked on the spot in a big trailer that comes in (Newtons, I believe). Great roads all around, and close to the ferry across Currituck Sound (45 minute ferry ride). Close to the Outer Banks, very close to McKay National Wildlife Preserve (donated by Ducks Unlimited founder) and the nice little beach on the North Landing River. It's not a huge rally, I'd say maybe a hundred bikes in the past years. I've gone the past 6 or 7 years and have always had a good time. I finally joined the local club last year. It used to be held near Jamestown. The rally occurs on just part of the campground.

I bought my tix online - you can still pre-register, if anyone's interested. While the weather looks dismal, Saturday is supposed to be nice, and Sunday cloudy. Nice rainy ride into work today...

Back