• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed

bmwmotorwerkz

To all the whiners, I will not justify your comments with a direct response. Not sure how others are on the other forum topics but those on this OilHead forum leave much to be desired.

I've used and been on similar boards in the past and its always the same. Speculators, over-thinkers, people quick to criticize, want-to-be mechanics, those who think they are mechanics, those who assume something to be fact without basis for their opinions - and on, and on, and...

If you don't have a qualified and intelligent response or opinion that you can justify and backup with real experience, data or research, or good reason to object to another's post, ideas or choices, DON'T respond. The post was obviously only meant to be 'for informational purposes' where you're concerned.

I'm reminded of just why I've avoided this and other forums for years now. No good deed or idea goes unpunished by those who 'think' they know more or better.

I don't wear some stupid vest, some patch that identifies me as belonging to a group or club and I don't encourage forums. Why I ever thought the BMWMOA would be any different is beyond me.

With the exception of jeff488 who actually took the time to share his expertise and other information, the people on this forum are why I ride alone and independent.

Sent from my iPhone

To all the whiners, I will not justify your comments with a direct response. Not sure how others are on the other forum topics but those on this OilHead forum leave much to be desired.

I've used and been on similar boards in the past and its always the same. Speculators, over-thinkers, people quick to criticize, want-to-be mechanics, those who think they are mechanics, those who assume something to be fact without basis for their opinions - and on, and on, and...

If you don't have a qualified and intelligent response or opinion that you can justify and backup with real experience, data or research, or good reason to object to another's post, ideas or choices, DON'T respond. The post was obviously only meant to be 'for informational purposes' where you're concerned.

I'm reminded of just why I've avoided this and other forums for years now. No good deed or idea goes unpunished by those who 'think' they know more or better.

I don't wear some stupid vest, some patch that identifies me as belonging to a group or club and I don't encourage forums. Why I ever thought the BMWMOA would be any different is beyond me.

With the exception of jeff488 who actually took the time to share his expertise and other information, the people on this forum are why I ride alone and independent.

Sent from my iPhone

Just curious...what post / thread are you referring to ? If you're still reading?

I ask, because I tend to agree.

Just curious...what post / thread are you referring to ? If you're still reading?

I ask, because I tend to agree.

His hidden agenda to push Amsoil products in the "My R1150RT Maintenance Schedule" thread that he started.

I'm neither surprised nor disapointed.

This forum is composed of a cross section of people.

OTOH

When you try to tell others what they should or shouldnt do there will be push back.

Most telling to me is your experiences on other forums.

Amsoil=Pyramid Marketing

Maybe this guy is trying to get us all to be Amsoil Dealers.

Too bad he doesn't know that Amsoil backdoors the dealers through the traditional parts channels. I can buy the "stuff" from Canadian Tire.

I certainly won't express an opinion that it is any better or worse than the other snake oil out there.

Writing that he knows more about BMW motorcycles than "BMW corporate" will get a negative response from me every time.

That's because he's wrong.

He'll do well to avoid this forum as he clearly has trouble when others point that out.

The forum's not about self promotion, it's about helping.

I don't wear some stupid vest, some patch that identifies me as belonging to a group or club and I don't encourage forums. Why I ever thought the BMWMOA would be any different is beyond me. With the exception of jeff488 who actually took the time to share his expertise and other information, the people on this forum are why I ride alone and independent.

I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed ;)

Last edited:

You forgot to mention actual mechanics who also responded. Of course when it's me vs. them everyone seems the same don't they?

Most if not all responses were justifiable opinions and based on real experience. You just didn't like the fact that they all disagree with you. All you've "informed" us about is that you are over using Amsoil products.

Actually, the MOA forum is quite different from some of the others. It's civil, well organized and helpful to a fault. But you do have to have an open mind to learn. But it seems to me you didn't come here to find out or learn anything. "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

Sent from my iPhone

Well hey, at least you're not bitter. :brow

When you pronounce your maintenance ideas on a public motorcycle help forum and a whole bunch of people take the time to tell you what you are doing is out of whack the normal thing to do would be to at least consider that what you are doing just might be in error.

Or just take your puck and go skate around with it by yourself. But it's a lot more fun when someone is trying to take it off you. Your choice. :D

Sent from my iPhone

From another one of your posts:

"Lets burn some gas, use more oil, leave rubber on the road and increase our carbon footprint today! That should piss off NObama, Boxer and Feinstein really well."

Honestly, what did you really expect? :stick

This is not what the MOA or it's members believe or stand for.
Ride in peace and please ride alone.

I think he is referencing his thread about Marvel Mystery Oil and some of the slightly skeptical posts that came down. Myself I thought the posters asked some pretty legit questions. I think there are very few oil or fuel additives out there that do what is claimed. About the only product that i know of that does what it claims to do is Chevron Techron and this product has been tested by a good many reputable independent testers including Consumer Reports. I would ask what independent source can substantiate the claims made by the makers of Marvel?

Folks on this forum are naturally inquisitive and expect posters to be prepared to answer their questions, only natural and a good thing.

Wow, I don't even know what he has posted or who in particular he was angry about. When you make a statement like that, I feel he directs it to everyone individually. Then it gets personal. This was fire, ready, aim instead of ready, aim, fire!!!! Direct your disapproval where you want to go. Don't take all of us down!
Beautiful day here in central California on the coast!
John

I've used and been on similar boards in the past and its always the same.

I'm reminded of just why I've avoided this and other forums for years now.

Why I ever thought the BMWMOA would be any different is beyond me.

... people on this forum are why I ride alone and independent.

It is because... "Everywhere you go, there you are."

Wehavemet01.jpg

Amsoil?

Good stuff I use it in my bike and 1973 VW Thing. That being said, I sure don't have a t-shirt boasting the stuff.

Back