• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

New Member from Florida

mikemill

Hi All,
I am Mike from Wellington, Florida.

Originally from Sheffield UK.
Then Dad moved us all to South Africa around 1958

Was an avid BMW rider in my younger years in South Africa
Introduced to the brand with a R69S around 1970. Absolutely loved it.
Then also had a single cylinder BMW and eventually a R1100RT

On moving to the States I did not have a bike for around 18 years.
So obtained Motorcycle Endorsement and then purchased a 1996 R850R to see if interest was still there. It most definitely was!

Just traded the R850R in on a new C650GT Scooter.
Its more like the R69S and exactly what I need.
I occasionally get swelling of feet and being footloose (no pedal work) makes riding more enjoyable.

Thanks,
Mike.

Welcome Mike! You should have some nice year-round riding weather to help you get back in to it!

Back