• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Going to pick up a new (to me) RT today.

Hey Paul,

Home last evening at 7:00. Dusk.

Uneventful ride. Ride report to follow!

BTW. The seller did a great job of prepping this bike. It is the first RT that I've ridden that doesn't have any surging at all! :thumb

Maybe I missed it but how many miles on the RT?

Hopefully your other one has a top box. RT without one seems odd somehow.

No surging you say! Any mods done?

You made good time on the ride home! :thumb

Maybe I missed it but how many miles on the RT?

Hopefully your other one has a top box. RT without one seems odd somehow.

No surging you say! Any mods done?

You made good time on the ride home! :thumb

47,XXX miles when I picked it up. Now has >48,000

I have a top box

No mods that I know of. Just well tuned.

So I was going to write up the fantastic ride report about my trip from Denver back home to Nashville, IL. However, as I rode I thought it might be a little bit hard to say anything interesting about 850 miles on I70. Mulling over other possibilities, I decided that the best thing to do would be to describe what I Heard, Smelled, Saw.

What I Heard:

Wind
Trucks accelerating
Sirens
Bikes with loud pipes
Radios in passing vehicles
Heavy equipment
Back up beepers

What I Smelled:

Skunks
Feed lots
Newly cut hay
Freshly turned earth
Corn being harvested
Bread being baked
Water
Dust

What I saw:

High plains.
Windmills ? sitting idle with rusted stock tanks underneath.
Windmills ? White giants by the hundreds. Some spinning. Some standing still and some moving so slowly that it was hard to tell if they were in motion or it only looked that way as I was riding by.
White Grain Elevators. Standing shoulder to shoulder like silent sentinels on the plains.
Coyotes
Antelopes
Buzzards circling over something unseen.
Cottonwood trees showing the twists and turns of dry creeks.
Long dark streams of smoke from grass fires.
Round hay bales
Large square hay bales
Orange cones on the highway
Detour signs
Wide loads
Snow birds heading in their RV?s to Florida towing Jeeps
Other riders, some waved, some didn?t.
Big sky in Eastern Colorado
State border signs Leaving and Entering
Rest stops.
People changing flat tires on the shoulder
Golden Arches
Standing corn
Rust colored milo waiting to be cut
Wheat stubble
Pale yellow standing corn.
Golden corn being loaded into the back of tractor trailers
Plumes from power plants
Horses
Cows
The same vehicle in front of me for over 100 miles
The world?s largest prairie dog
Advertisements for adult entertainment stores
Welcome centers
Acres of sunflowers
And a couple of miles from home ? My shadow on standing corn. A silhouette of an old man, sitting upright, riding with a helmet on his head.

:help
Yes, because of the color.

The other one will be for sale soon.

Long forgotten in the crevices of my mind was the fact that I too, once bought a RT and absolutely hated the color and sold it a month later. It was that bluish- purplish, color changing depending on what light or not was striking it. I positively couldn't stand looking at it.

:help I know, I need help, but there's so many other reasons i do it'll have to wait in line. :help

Long forgotten in the crevices of my mind was the fact that I too, once bought a RT and absolutely hated the color and sold it a month later. It was that bluish- purplish, color changing depending on what light or not was striking it. I positively couldn't stand looking at it.

Ford Motor Co. had a purple like that at one time. Looking straight on, it was purple, but as you moved it would change to dark blue. I was told that it was the clearcoat that they used with the paint that made it change color. Not sure that purple is on my "gotta have" list of colors for a bike. I would, however, be willing to own a red violet topaz K bike(is that the proper name for the purple color from a few years back?).

Beautiful Motorcycle!!! (no matter what color) but that color is about as good as it gets! (jmop) Enjoy the ride!

Beautiful Motorcycle!!! (no matter what color) but that color is about as good as it gets! (jmop) Enjoy the ride!

Thanks!

I've been spending the last week putting in a lawn so no riding, but this weekend looks pretty good. :thumb

Yes, Yardwork, I know the feeling, but take some time to get out & enjoy the fall colors, The "River Road" should be looking pretty good about now, msn

Yes, Yardwork, I know the feeling, but take some time to get out & enjoy the fall colors, The "River Road" should be looking pretty good about now, msn

I will most likely go there during the week as the loud pipe crowd clog up the roadway on the weekends. Excepting when the state police "pick" on them for loud pipes, no insurance, no MC endorsement on their license. You know how mean those cops are.:laugh

Back