• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Going to pick up a new (to me) RT today.

Bud

It is what it is.
1379521762.jpg

Will get new PR3's put on tomorrow.

Leave Denver Saturday morning for the ride home.

Have been looking for one in this color for a long time.

A '99, same year as the one in the garage at home.

Will have to do something about getting rid of the other one as Nancy says I can only have as many bikes as I have wives. :laugh:laugh:laugh

Last edited:
So, what made you decide to replace your '97 with a '97?? How much are '97s these days?
Sorry, but your wife is totally off. What would she say, if you told her, she could only have as many pairs of shoes as she has husbands??

Congrats on a new bike Bud. We have 4 bikes. Three for me and one for her. She would rather have me home working on a bike in the garage, than out running around. :brow

So, what made you decide to replace your '97 with a '97?? How much are '97s these days?
Sorry, but your wife is totally off. What would she say, if you told her, she could only have as many pairs of shoes as she has husbands??

OOOOOOPPPPPPPPS

They are both 99's. Gonna go fix that.:D And I wanted a green one. :thumb

PM me if you want a price.

And the bike numbers is a joke between us. We just celebrated our 46th year of marriage. You gotta have a sense of humor to be married to one person that long.

Only the same number of bikes as wives???

Time to go old-time fundamental Mormon!!

I have eight right now,......bikes that is,......and not married.

Congrats on a new bike Bud. We have 4 bikes. Three for me and one for her. She would rather have me home working on a bike in the garage, than out running around. :brow

Thanks!

Looking forward to getting home and putting the farkles on it. :thumb

I just pulled the wheels and sure am glad I did. F & R brakes all need replacing.

I asked the seller about the alt belt. He checked and it was ready to break! Put on a new one before I picked it up. Nice guy.

The parts store charges $20/wheel for mount and balance, wheels off bike. They sell PR3' cheaper than I paid a couple of months ago online!

So new tires, new brakes, new alt belt, valve adjustment, fresh fluids including complete brake flush and a receipt for a FD r/r from BMW Aurora.

I think I'm good to go!

Still would like to know, why you wanted a duplicate of your bike. Just because of the color??

BTW: I have a Sargent seat on MY 99 RT. Love the thing!

Yes, because of the color.

The other one will be for sale soon.

Wow that's a lot of effort to change colours!

We have paint shops up here for that. :ca Hey I'm just kidding eh? :rofl

That certainly is an interesting and different colour though.

Wow that's a lot of effort to change colours!

We have paint shops up here for that. :ca Hey I'm just kidding eh? :rofl

That certainly is an interesting and different colour though.

Yes it is. :D

it is factory, Boston Green, even though a majority of RT riders haven't seen one.

I've seen one. And I do mean ONE. At the 49er I think it was. I used to have another weird errrr I mean different :D colour '96 RT. It was called Glacier Green I think.

P1000787.jpg

I have seen a couple of "Boston Green"s. I always liked it too. My second favorite color next to a red that a friend had on his 2004 1150RT. That ALWAYS looked extra shiny. Not a friend of the "Glacier Green", sorry, reminds me of a terrible candy we had when I was kid in Germany. Was also called something with "Gletscher" (Glacier) and had the same color.

O.K. it's called "Gletscher Eis", and still, the only way to like it is with some kind of booze. Picture from a recipe site.

Attachments

• Gletscher Eis.jpg
    Gletscher Eis.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Hey Paul,

Home last evening at 7:00. Dusk.

Uneventful ride. Ride report to follow!

BTW. The seller did a great job of prepping this bike. It is the first RT that I've ridden that doesn't have any surging at all! :thumb

Back