• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K75 Corbin Seat

kentuvman

Okay - doing some freshening up to the K75

The existing Corbin Seat was made in 1996 - appearance wise, it looks pretty good and is more comfortable than the stock K75 seat.

Are Corbin's supposed to be a "hard" feel seat? Or, is it possible the foam has stiffened up in 17 years?

They will overhaul my seat for about 100 less than a new one.

Thank You

My K's Corbin seat is definitely much "harder" than my R's Russell seat. When I sit on the Russell, I just feel the comfort underneath. With the K's Corbin seat, I find it to be neither comfortable nor uncomfortable. On two occasions I've exceeded 800 miles with never being aware of comfort or discomfort on the Corbin. I've had many other long mileage days as well. It just does it's job for me. For what it's worth, I don't believe I have exceeded much over 600 mile days on the Russell, also without discomfort.

The hard Corbin works for my 150 pound body. It may or not work for you. I'd suggest that you ride a decent distance before having it overhauled. For a hundred dollars less, I'd go for new.

My R1100 did have a hard Corbin but I got rid of it not for it's hardness, but rather it's width. It made coming in for a landing a tad difficult for my 28" inseam. :laugh

Thanks for your input - FWIW, I've ridden my K cross country and no problem doing 500 mile days - My R60/5 has a Denton seat - very comfortable but the bike isn't suited for high speed highway travel!!! It's great for the backroads though!

I had my corbin recovered 12 years ago because the vinyl was split and I got tired of wet foam and duct tape. It was 15 year old then, not sure if they re-foamed it but it still feels fine.

I still have two Corbin seats - both from the late 80's. When I bought my used K75 it came with a Corbin "gunfighter" single seat. My wife asked "where will I sit?" Called the guy who sold me the bike and in a day I had a dual Corbin for $100. When that bike was totaled, I saved the dual Corbin because I had found it more comfortable for solo riding than the single seat. (When it comes to M/C seats, every butt is different.) It now resides on my K100 and I'm still happy with it, though I don't ride any real high mileage days. The low mileage K100 came with the OEM saddle and - true to BMW tradition - it was not AT ALL comfortable. Managed to sell it! When the seam on the front part of the Corbin dual saddle started coming apart a few years ago, I had a local seamstress replace that part with leather for a fairly modest sum, but did nothing to the foam.

If you can figure out how to search this forum, I think you will find a thread where there are more than a few "discouraging words" about more recent Corbin saddles. Saddles are not cheap, and they are important to your pleasure in riding, so do some computer research - or, better yet, find somebody with a different saddle who will let you ride his bike or mount the seat on your own bike for a trial. It probably takes a really long ride to differentiate good from great, but you will know BAD in a half hour.

Back