• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

92 K75S HLK-R hyperlites - need instructions

rx35285

I'd like to resurrect the enhanced rear lights on my K75S. I think it is a Hyperlites product because the previous owner's material included a receipt for Hyperlites model HLK-R, early 2002. The unit shown below is wired so the original tail light and brake light stay on all the time, then two incandescent CM 321 bulbs are put in the open pockets of the lens and used as the new brake light. Hyper-lite tech support told me they have never sold incandescent lights so that does make me wonder.... Anyway....

The wire colors coming from the flasher starting from the top are gray, brown, blue, green, green.

The two "loose" wires between the gray and brown wires are brown and connnected to a ground connection at the former brake light.

All three wires attached to the component (what is it?) on the lower left are blue. One goes to the flasher and the other two are not connected to anything.

1) Does the gray wire feed the "new" brake lights and,
2) are the green wires the "flashing loop" that could be reconnected to one another?

Where do the two blue wires go? Does one go to the gr/y brake light wire from the bike (not shown)? Where do the two "loose" brown wires go? I figure they aren't just spare ground wires.

Sorry for the long post and that I don't know how to draw on pictures. Hopefully someone will have some guidance to offer. Thanks for reading this far!

Attachments

• K75 tail light picture DT version.jpg
    K75 tail light picture DT version.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 58
Run-N-Lites maybe?

Not able to really picture just what you have in the supplied photo, but by any chance what you have is a set of original Run-n-Lites, as a wild guess?

I could not locate a bulb type of CM321, but a CM921 which the 1st style of Run-n-Lite used.http://www.run-n-lites.com/bulbspec.asp

Thanks for your help, Larry.

I went to the run-n-lights website (http://www.run-n-lites.com/images/K-TAIL-2 ENHANCEMENT KIT.jpg) and found the bulbs and sockets I have, but not the components I suspect are related to flashing. Since I have the full run-n-lites kit plus some extra components I guess I don't have much to lose by a little trial and error wiring.

Why there is a Hyper-Lites receipt in the previous owner's records will have to remain a mystery.

And it's not a mystery why Hyper-Lite tech support didn't respond when I sent a picture including run-n-lites components.

I've been thinking about an enhancement for the F8ST and I think Hyper-Lite will be the way to go.

Back