• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

America's Cup

In answer to critics claims that the AC72s are too big, too expensive, and not practical, Ellison's design team trotted out this prototype for the next cup; Foiling Woodies!!

history2.JPG

:dance:dance:dance

I was wandering the web yesterday looking for a capsized sailboat to compare to picking up a loaded bike... Neither one is fun:whistle

Anyways, found a few videos of Oracle having a major fail back around September last year. I have been sideways a few times, but not an endo in a boat.

These huge tri/cats are so cool in spite of the "old school" 12 meter monohull class competition being lost in the America's Cup. Saw 44 knots in a shot! Times change just like with bikes.

The races back in San Francisco were something else to view...would love to be onboard...just not at this moment!

I can only add one video...this link takes you to a distant shot of the endo capsize at speed

http://youtu.be/drgglIebuQY

this is the team press release

Also saw some Hudson River Ice sailboats on TV the other morning...WOW! One was a '40's restored racer that was the fastest thing around in it's day
http://hudsonrivericeyachting.blogspot.com/

I'm ready to go SAILING:dance

... I'm ready to go SAILING:dance

Yes! When we lived in Austin back around 1980 we had a Santana 20 that we kept in a marina on Lake Travis. Actually we were north of Austin (near the 183/620 intersection) so we could come home from work, change clothes, and be on the boat in about 20 mins. Very nice. I think sailing is one of the top three most enjoyable things in life. I hear things are different out there these days, tho. Too bad...

Yes! When we lived in Austin back around 1980 we had a Santana 20 that we kept in a marina on Lake Travis. Actually we were north of Austin (near the 183/620 intersection) so we could come home from work, change clothes, and be on the boat in about 20 mins. Very nice. I think sailing is one of the top three most enjoyable things in life. I hear things are different out there these days, tho. Too bad...

late 80's, had a Chrysler22' at Yacht Harbor near Lakeway off 620 as well and about same time to be sails up...Yellin' Helen had a J-boat too before I met her...I remember seeing that name on that boat as it flew past me. The lake is still '40 below average...more river than lake in some places.

Back