• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ride Route Advice - Lake Superior Loop Around Ontario to Duluth, MN

The Zumo Forum has full instructions on how to download maps to the SD card at this link. http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?topic=12972.0

Also, the Tahquamenon recommended just above is just down the road from Brown's Fish House that I recommended. Also, the road from Grand Marais to Munising is supposed to be great. It is 58 (I think a county road) It was recommended to me last summer, but I ran out of time. It is on the list for the coming year. The Pictured Rocks boat trip is really worth it. There is a light house at Grand Marais. The UP is a great place to ride.

In MN, the Itasca State Park is worth it. It is the source of the Mississippi, and you can walk across on stepping stones. There is also a boat tour to see it from the lake side. I stayed and had dinner at the lodge.

I hope you enjoy the trip.

I am seeking some advice from riders who have done the loop around Lake Superior from Sault Saint Marie to Duluth, MN. I am considering riding this as a route to get to the rally in Minnesota next year.

How long would this loop take (miles or days riding)?

Thanks

Copper Harbor, Bayfield, Superior/Duluth, North Shore to Split Rock, hang in Duluth and hit the Aerostich factory.
Duluth west to Itasca is a sweet ride and you can wiggle your toes in the headwaters. Do some research on the Great River Road from Itasca to St Paul, 35 will bore you.
The lake region around Itasca is a wonderful area to visit and a A+ ride.
Take some time to look at a map and check out our state!
Glad to have you!!

:thumb

Lake Superior Loop

Zygmund,

Thanks to you and everyone who have made suggestions regarding this trip.

We have decided to cut across Wisconsin from Ironwood, MI and visit the fresh water fishing museum at Hayward, WI on the way to St. Paul, so we won't be going to Duluth. I have purchased many items from Aerostich and enjoy receiving their catalog.

My friends and I are looking forward to another great ride to/from the Rally.

Bill

Zygmund,

Thanks to you and everyone who have made suggestions regarding this trip.

We have decided to cut across Wisconsin from Ironwood, MI and visit the fresh water fishing museum at Hayward, WI on the way to St. Paul, so we won't be going to Duluth. I have purchased many items from Aerostich and enjoy receiving their catalog.

My friends and I are looking forward to another great ride to/from the Rally.

Bill

You will love riding through the North Woods from Ironwood.
Stay on Letter roads preferably double letter such as B / FF I would suggest a stop for a refresh before you get to Hayward at the Garmish Resort in Cable. Its on your way and a great place to stop for lunch or just a pit stop. Its a little bit of the Old World tucked in the North woods.
http://garmischresort.com/index.php

Its nice talking about riding when the snow if flying outside. Have to plan trailering to AZ this winter.

Back