• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Metzler Z8

I have been running Shinko Ravens. About 170 for a pair delivered. they last 8K. I have ridden in torrential down pours, 100+ heat,. down to 20F. I have drug peg on occasion, when I over cooked a corner. I ride on gravel, and grass several times a year. I think it is good practice for when you hit something slick on the street. The center rib and wide grooves make a bit of difference. I took a nail to the rear. The sidewalls are stiff enough that while you know something is wrong, I did not go down. Bitch to plug.

If you can not tell, I like these. If the difference was only 50 bucks, I would get the longer life PR3, but for 150 bucks difference this is a no brainer.

Rod

I also used the Shinkos on my '04 RT until I had two front tire issues. The first was strange dimpling in the surface of the tire, and the second was a ply separation. Shinko replaced both tires, so no complaint there.
I like the price, but that's too scary! I think it has to do with weight of the bike, because others have had good luck with them on lighter bikes.
I use them on my Bandit with no problem.

Battleaxes mine came with sucked. PR2/3's have been heaven. Let shop talk me into trying a Z8 front this year. Big step down frorm PR2/3's.

Back