• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Moab in October

bobframe

A friend and I are hauling our GS's from north Georgia to Moab for a few days of riding in late October. This will be my first trip to Moab and I'd like to ask for some input from those who've done this. I'd really appreciate suggestions on what to see/do, what to bring with us, what to avoid, etc.

Many thanks for your help,

Bob

A friend and I are hauling our GS's from north Georgia to Moab for a few days of riding in late October. This will be my first trip to Moab and I'd like to ask for some input from those who've done this. I'd really appreciate suggestions on what to see/do, what to bring with us, what to avoid, etc.

Many thanks for your help,

Bob

You will not regret the trip. Awesome, expansive riding. Take time out from the off road to visit Arches. I could go on and on. Nearest BMW dealer is Grand Junction about 80 miles away. Have fun!

Jack

Eklecticafe

Every riding day should start with the great coffee, unique, healthy and tasty food at the Eklecticafe on the north end of town. Absolutely not to be missed.

Stop in at Tom Till's gallery downtown. He's an amazing photographer.

If you head over toward Grand Junction and the Colorado Monument, 128 along the Colorado River is a nice ride.

hotel/motel reservations

As soon as you know when you'll be there, I'd recommend making your motel/hotel reservations or campground reservations. The spring and fall months are the busiest times for Moab and rooms can get hard to find. Carpe diem.

As soon as you know when you'll be there, I'd recommend making your motel/hotel reservations or campground reservations. The spring and fall months are the busiest times for Moab and rooms can get hard to find. Carpe diem.

http://www.sw-fog.com +1, Gunny; Hi Brother Reid, I took over as Rally Master of SW-FOG from you! http://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?topic=3822.0 MOA Club #89 AZ Beemers goes to Moab on a yearly basis, here is last year's Ride Report with nine pages worth of narrative and photographs. Reid is correct, you better make reservations right now!

day%208-10-L.jpg

DSCF0439.jpg

P3220072_zpsff94a308.jpg

Last edited:
Back