• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I hate the r1100r horn/turn signal setup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a similar problem with the K75 horn, turn signals, high beam. It took some time but I was able to get used to it and now I find it "normal." When I ride other bikes I have a problem with the turn signals. I find the BMW arrangement convenient and there is no problem with thumb movements. Practice a bit more and see if things improve. It's cheaper than replacing everything.
:thumb

Horns are generally useless in this AC climate controlled, triple insulated soundproof glass, and 10 speaker surround sound system cars of today.

Best solution is to keep a big cushion, and concentrate on avoidance, not warning some clueless driver.
:thumb

The above answers are not what you were looking for, but both are good, simple solutions that have worked for me.

Tac nuke

For the errant driver texting, talking, sleeping, drinking, with their windows rolled up and the AC on my Beemer was installed with a tactical nuclear switch complete with its own fire control computer (FCC). Upon detecting one of these rouge cage drivers the tac nuke missile delivery system executes enemy drivers with a MAC charge precursor warhead, complete with fragmentation sleeve to facilitate a mobility kill on nearby vehicles in collusion with the originally targeted vehicle. This baby will clear a lane a mile wide and even smoothes the road to a glass like surface,(which can be a little slick if coated in the visceral liquids of offending vehicle occupants). An additional bonus, you usually only have to use it once, as it changes the surviving driver behavior in the greater metropolitan area where used within hours becomes "motorcycle friendly", especially to beemers. Only problem with it though is I have to come to a stop and put it in neutral to activate as it requires a key turn and two buttons one on each handlebar to be pushed simultaneously.

(If the NSA is monitoring this post I hope they have. A sense of humor)

For the errant driver texting, talking, sleeping, drinking, with their windows rolled up and the AC on my Beemer was installed with a tactical nuclear switch complete with its own fire control computer (FCC). Upon detecting one of these rouge cage drivers the tac nuke missile delivery system executes enemy drivers with a MAC charge precursor warhead, complete with fragmentation sleeve to facilitate a mobility kill on nearby vehicles in collusion with the originally targeted vehicle. This baby will clear a lane a mile wide and even smoothes the road to a glass like surface,(which can be a little slick if coated in the visceral liquids of offending vehicle occupants). An additional bonus, you usually only have to use it once, as it changes the surviving driver behavior in the greater metropolitan area where used within hours becomes "motorcycle friendly", especially to beemers. Only problem with it though is I have to come to a stop and put it in neutral to activate as it requires a key turn and two buttons one on each handlebar to be pushed simultaneously.

(If the NSA is monitoring this post I hope they have. A sense of humor)

Sort of something like this?

Stalker

Dude, how did you find my house? NSA give you the coordinates? N...o that's my conventional weapons bike. Twin 7.62 General Electric mini guns, yes quite a favorite of mine but still doesn't have the the knock down power of a high quality nuke.

on the way back a jackass in a Beemer(note "in" not "on") cut over three lanes to make a left turn, without a signal of course, and I almost went into his rear.

Those cages with roundels are generally called "bimmers" Right up there with texting teenagers, Suburban soccer moms and living fossils driving Buicks on my danger radar

Careful, sense of humor...........

You can't use a sense of humor on these forums as it isn't purposeful to relay technical information on how smart you are.

Back