• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Maximum speed for 92 K75S with Aeroflow screen

rx35285

What might be the maximum speed for a 92 K75S with Aeroflow screen? I was searching here last night and saw an advertised top speed of 125 or 130 mph, so that gives me a notion of what to expect. I've pushed her to 90, but then started to imagine the wind screen failure mode.

What might be the maximum speed for a 92 K75S with Aeroflow screen? I was searching here last night and saw an advertised top speed of 125 or 130 mph, so that gives me a notion of what to expect. I've pushed her to 90, but then started to imagine the wind screen failure mode.

At redline, where the rev limiter cuts in, a K75 with stock tires and stock gearing would go 133 mph if the engine develops enough horsepower to overcome drag. Add bags and a larger fairing and the HP vs drag becomes the limitation. I think in real world conditions with bags and oversized wind screen you might expect 110, maybe 115 max with a perfectly tuned healthy engine.

I concur, 110-115. Windshield mounts can pull out, had that happen with my Parabellum at about 80mph many years ago. Thing flew over my head and got run over by a semi behind me. I replaced the stock mounts with nylon license plate nuts, no problems since with an Aeroflow.

Attachments

• 459560.jpg
    459560.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 77
Thanks for the helpful information. This helps to minimize the need to find the maximum speed myself and gives me another preventive maintenance item.

If your bike has the stock stickers under the seat, you will find that they recommend no higher than 90mph with the STOCK windscreen.

The airflow is taller and thereby would generate more leverage on the screws. The S windscreen is effectively held on by only the two lower screws. The upper screws are pretty much at the hinge (fulcrum) point of the windscreen. The lower screws are only held in by push in plastic pieces.

Higher speed and taller windscreen are not a good combination. Have heard of several Ss losing their screens. Stock height screen and new bushings help.

:dance:dance:dance

Aside from the potential fastener failure issue and loss of the windshield, another issue I have found is that when riding fast in any wind, is that it can be challenging and dangerous due to the large wind force on a fixed object like a windscreen. When your haulin on a naked bike and get hit by a side gust, you can quickly duck down and minimize the side force. With a windshield, not so much. On both my RT's I try and limit the high speed stuff to no wind conditions, then its much more manageable, for me.
The wind force increases something like the square of the MPH increase. Not to hijack the tread, but I thought this would be good food for thought.
FWIW at 5-7000' MSL My K75RT seems to top out about about 112-115 mph, not bad for 750 cc:)

Back