• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Four Corner Ride

davejune

I've decided very late to head out on a Four Corner Ride leaving Waukesha, WI Monday Sept 9. (I've had an interim assignment fall through so find myself with a free month). The folks at SCMA have been GREAT in accommodating my last minute, overnight of forms, and making this 'legal' and possible.

My proposed route is Washington, California, Florida, Maine.

I'm heading on Interstate 90 to Spokane, then through the Cascades to corner one. I'm thinking about 700-800 for the first couple days simply to get to 'the good stuff' riding and starting the official 'tour' sometime Thursday Sept 12. If anyone along this route is interested in joining for a day or half day, let me know and we can see if that can work out.

After Blaine, WA, I'm heading south on Hwy 5, then heading onto route 20 for the ferry at Coupeville-Port Townsend, and then down 101, crossing into Oregon by Astoria. I'm planning on heading down 101 the length of Oregon (is this wise?). I'd like to hit a stop at Redwood National Park and then down into CA along the coast on 101 to Hwy 1 into San Francisco. After that, I'm still up in the air, most likely trying to get through/around/anyway around LA to get to corner 2.

Any thoughts? I'm not in a hurry, but also don't plan on stopping at every turnout for photos. If you have ideas, thoughts, want to join for a day or half day, please let me know.

Dave 262-893-6006

four corner done!

26 days, including time to/from home to first and last corners (17 days from WA to ME corner)

WA, CA, FL, ME

1 1/2 hours of rain total!

11,822 miles total

No hurry, visited friends and family around the country.

Bike ran great- 2000 LT. new tires at start of the trip, oil changed half way in Baton Rouge. One driving light burned out after nearly 5 years, replaced quickly, not bad for that length trip.

Averaged 48 mpg, 59 mph entire trip. Temperature ranged from 39 to 105.

Finished the trip home on the high speed ferry across Lake Michigan, anything to avoid the traffic through Chicago!

If it's a bucket list of yours, do it. I had a blast

Dave

26 days, including time to/from home to first and last corners (17 days from WA to ME corner)

WA, CA, FL, ME

11,822 miles total

Bike ran great- 2000 LT. new tires at start of the trip, oil changed half way in Baton Rouge. One driving light burned out after nearly 5 years, replaced quickly, not bad for that length trip.

Finished the trip home on the high speed ferry across Lake Michigan, anything to avoid the traffic through Chicago!

Dave

Dag-Nabitt...wish I had known. I could have told you about a great little river side restaurant :eat in Pagasso Springs,Co. And if you were motel-ing it ? a nice one just down the street.

Really neat area isn't it? I met a group of Indian kids [teens] near there. We got to talking and they wanted to know all about Ohio,..saw my tag. They had heard of the "mighty-Ohio" river, and how green the Ohio valley was...etc, & so-on. About the nicest bunch'a kids I ever met. They invited me to a pow-wow that coming weekend. Due to already 20+ days on the road, & about 1600 more miles home etc. I declined.....I have kicked myself ever since....:blush

WA, CA, FL, ME

11,822 miles total

Dave

I apologize for turning your post into a reply about "me" got carried away !

Glad you had a safe & enjoyable trip !

Back