• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Yellowstone this Month

David13

In 3 weeks I should be in Pocatello, then ride north and into Yellowstone. Just to ride down to Jackson. Just one day.
I don't really have a lot of time, just enough to ride thru'.
I have seen the geyser before.
I suppose I will have to stop for an animal or two. I just hope I don't have to stop too close to the animal.
dc

It's not the animal you will be close to it's all the people in there cars stopping to see the animals. We were there last july and there were so many cars when the line move the animal was gone never to actualy to see it myself.

Traffic should be reasonable at that time. We went through there on the 25th of Sept in 2011 and it was very nice. Actually we will be heading down that way about the same time.

If coming in on 89 from Gardiner in the north a nice ride is the grand loop road through tower falls and over Mt Washburn then back to 89.

If you have never been there, make a point to stop at Artists Point at the falls on the Yellowstone river. A more beautiful spot on earth is rare, it may change your life.

Garth
Thanks for the tip.
I will be coming from the west, so I'll head a little north on 89 and over to the river on Norris Canyon Road.
Then head south from there.
And stop to see the falls.
dc

I just done a ride like that through YS NP this summer, Starting at the East entrance, making my way to the South entrance, 95 miles. I only came up to 3 cars and 9 cars total by the time I exited the south entrance of Teton NP.

I was going mostly the speed limit and totally enjoying the scenes and views and FREEDOM of the magic YS offers. The trick, entered at 6am and left the parks by 8:30am. BTW that was on Father's day this year. By the time I was heading south to Jackson, it was car after car heading into the parks, glad I was out if them by then.

Was one of the best rides I ever did in YS/T NPs. It was a down right cold ride, 28 and frost on the ground on the east side. Oh ya, no ranger at the gates, no fee. There was a sign asking for payment upon leaving. Did not make any difference in my case, I got a lifetime Access Pass for all NP.

Back