• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Rebate from BMW

My dealer deducted the rebate amount at purchase in June. Hope he isn't still waiting for his funds from MOA.

Ditto... except the dealer copied my RA card instead of the MOA card before subtracting the $500 from the purchase price just because. I did offer her a choice.

Remember when you were a kid and you ordered the free baking soda powered submarine from the cereal box and the instructions said wait 6 weeks for delivery?

In various now small pockets, this thinking still exists. The "overnight delivery" culture of today clearly hasn't permeated everywhere.

Maybe that's it, don't know. But it was fun.

There was no rebate from the MOA. For a limited amount of time BMW was giving X amount off the purchase of a new bike if you were a member of the MOA or the RA (proof required at the time of purchase). The program ended July 31 if I remember correctly. I also seem to remember that the discount was applied at the time of purchase, not sent to the customer as a rebate. Sounds like your dealer may have made a mistake, or ripped you off.

See page 84 of the July ON. Model "allowances" varied from $250 for the scooter to $750 for the K1600 and select 1200 models.

During my June purchase of a new RT I worked with two dealers...one dealer indicated the "rebate/allowance" would be forwarded to me when received by them. The other dealer deducted the $750.00 amount from final purchase price at time of sale. They contacted me later as they'd forgotten to copy my MOA membership card when I took delivery of bike.

Remember when you were a kid and you ordered the free baking soda powered submarine from the cereal box and the instructions said wait 6 weeks for delivery?

.... But it was fun.

I remember!
Baking Powder Submarine

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XS4HSPCjC28" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It was a lot more fun when I was a kid than this video would have you believe.

:brad

Gad, I also remember that submarine. And I'll bet most others here are also old enough.
Neither of my kids would have the foggiest idea..

The submarine I got had an angled "U" shaped ramp thing under it that made the sub drive forward as the gas expanded. Never saw the diving one.

I much preferred my Captain Midnight secret decoder so I could decode the message each week :thumb

Then Sky King came along and Penny was hot !. Got over submarines and decoder rings in favor of girls. More fun !

As a six year old, the wait for my sub was interminable.

Did anyone get the divers? :D

Glad you got your cheque, Brad. :clap And since it's found money, you can apply it some motorcycle swag. :)

Back