Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Non Warranty - warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by bikerfish1100 View Post
    ...Threat of a lawsuit would probably do little but serve to alienate a dealer who has likely done little to nothing wrong.
    The OP attributes the following words to the Dealer...Dealer: Do not know, do not care. (emphasis mine).

I once had a car dealership service manager tell me that "he didn't care about my car because he didn't have a nickel into it." That was way back in the 70s when I think some service managers must have been trained in how not to talk to their customers. I was hoping, that some 40 years down the road, that kind of remark emanating from a dealership was a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by 141987 View Post
    The OP attributes the following words to the Dealer...Dealer: Do not know, do not care. (emphasis mine).

I once had a car dealership service manager tell me that "he didn't care about my car because he didn't have a nickel into it." That was way back in the 70s when I think some service managers must have been trained in how not to talk to their customers. I was hoping, that some 40 years down the road, that kind of remark emanating from a dealership was a thing of the past.
    It's a question of ego. Somehow they feel they have to punish customers that don't use them for everything. Like I said, it's a parochial mindset that's also very small minded. Basically they are cutting off their nose to spite their face. Everyone's money is green and there's no use in giving someone and their friends a reason not to spend at an establishment. Basically, they have forgotten who they serve.
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

From what I have read regarding BMW's own consumer warranty information, while they highly recommend using the BMW network of dealers for service, at no place do they state that using another service will void your warranty. I think what they are giving you is BS. If that dealer is worth a damn they will at least foot a part of the bill.