Thread: Custom Seat From Mr Ed's Moto

Custom Seat From Mr Ed's Moto

I am thinking of having a seat made for my GSA at Mr Ed's Moto. Is there anyone that has some experience about his seats?

Also which is better vinyl or leather for the covering? I am not really concerned with the looks, more the durability. I am having problems with the seam on the right side of the seat (runs for & aft). I have most of the seam threads wore off & starting to scuff up the leather(the seat is covered with leather). This is from dragging my boot across the seat when I get off.

Thanks for the help, Phil

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Quote Originally Posted by captwheel View Post
    I am thinking of having a seat made for my GSA at Mr Ed's Moto. Is there anyone that has some experience about his seats?

Also which is better vinyl or leather for the covering? I am not really concerned with the looks, more the durability. I am having problems with the seam on the right side of the seat (runs for & aft). I have most of the seam threads wore off & starting to scuff up the leather(the seat is covered with leather). This is from dragging my boot across the seat when I get off.

Thanks for the help, Phil
    They did my wife's F650 GS years ago, great job, and she loves the seat, lowered and narrowed for her 5'1" frame. She likes the seat heater I had added as a surprise. Quality is great and they were easy to work with.

As far as the material, give them a call! They are the experts and I am sure they will advise you well.
    2010 F800GS Full Ohlins package, '04 R1100S Replika
    '01 F650GS Wife's bike
    Maritime Alps and Vosges 2012
    Tuscany and Central Italy 2010

Some of the more "commercial" seat vendors' sites talk about the differences between vinyl and leather, just go surfing.