• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Farkling almost complete

advenbob

Just two items remaining and the personalization of the bike will be complete. Added a Madstad windshield, MV bar backs, Suburban Machinery peg lowering kit, Aux fuel cell with capacity of 4.2 gallons, Wilbers shock, Russell Day Long seat, (Miss Moosey likes the seat) Touratech cross bar to mount GPS, Valentine, XM antenna, and Spot tracker, BMW mirror extenders with light brackets with LED lights. Just waiting for the BMW switch for the lights to arrive from the fatherland. Temporary switch can be seen next to the XM antenna. Also waiting for the Wilbers fork springs to arrive.

Attachments

• HPIM2393.JPG
    HPIM2393.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 138
  • HPIM2394.JPG
    HPIM2394.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 137
  • HPIM2395.jpg
    HPIM2395.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 136
It is truly a Sport Touring bike now. The straps seen on the luggage rack on the aux tank are for a medium size MotoFizz bag from Riders Warehouse. Between the MotoFizz bag and the side cases, everything I need fits just fine. Just add a tent and sleeping bag and away I go. The bike is 6 months old and has just over 17k on it. Love touring in the west, especially with the aux tank, and now can travel in complete comfort.

Please elaborate on the extra fuel tank. Is it permanently mounted? Is it connected to your tank via a hose? Who manufactures it?

The aux tank was custom made by Mike Langford. He has a web site: http://www.maplefarkles.com/

Four (4) bolts and one Quick Disconnect and the tank is off the bike. It feeds directly to the main tank via the vent valve located at the top of the main tank (under the seat) I purchased a replacement valve, drilled out the pin for the swinging weight, and I have a connection. Only one issue, you need to remember not to open the fill cap for the main if there is fuel in the aux. I use the trip odometer to know when the aux is empty, usually around 225 miles or so. It holds 4.2 gallons.

Some more info

I have just bought my F800GT VO and am starting to add the extras. I have the Madstad also (but am not yet comfortable with it); bar backs; RAM mount; top box; reflective orange stripes. I like the light mounts on the mirror extensions - can you tell us more about them please?
Ron Cook.

The light mounts are from the authority bike in Europe. They consist of mirror extenders along with a bracket that bolts to the extender. These parts are from BMW and can be ordered, but your dealer will need to contact BMW to gain approval to order. They come from Germany and are not in inventory in the US. There is also a light switch that I am still waiting for it to arrive. Also a BMW part. These parts are not cheap. I think I purchased a first class ticket on Lufthansa for these parts to get here:D

Back