• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Stick coil price

dj19343

I have a 04 r1150rt that needs the coils replaced.It Runs very rough and struggles to not stall at a stop.Any one have a rough idea what that might cost,i'm having the dealer order and install them,'
thanks

Over the years, I've replaced both sticks, the coil under the tank, AND both wires to the "lower" plugs. Ah well, part of the joy.
The "sticks" are super-easy to R&R; just use a "real" metal puller on the caps (gently! and pull Straight out) instead of the plastic P.O.S. in the stock kit. Make sure the new ones are Fully seated on the plugs.
If you pull the gas tank, you can do the dual coil too; but that may not be necessary - sticks have more failure history.
Make sure that you also Very Closely inspect those two wires for the lower plugs - on mine, several of the mounting/routing clips were way too tight and eating into the insulation. They can be gently spread a little bit.
Also, the RT parts fiche was not correct for my wires (the ends were wrong! and on the civilian version, not the "Authority" shielded ones), but the GS fiche had the right part number.

Have not tried the stick coils but I buy all my electrical and filter parts from euromotoelectrics. Just purchased two Bosch fuel injectors (identical to OEM) there as well. Paid $185 vs. $307 for the pair from BMW. Identical parts that come _with_ new square O ring and top O ring. These are extra at BMW. :scratch

Quality parts with excellent price and delivery. :thumb

Have not tried the stick coils but I buy all my electrical and filter parts from euromotoelectrics. Just purchased two Bosch fuel injectors (identical to OEM) there as well. Paid $185 vs. $307 for the pair from BMW. Identical parts that come _with_ new square O ring and top O ring. These are extra at BMW. :scratch

Quality parts with excellent price and delivery. :thumb

Can not say enough good about these guys. They rock!

Back