• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

F650/700GS Tank Bag

Rod Sheridan

Hi, I bought a Nelson Rigg tank bag model CL-1050 for my F700GS, it fits very well, doesn't interfere with the controls and is easy to remove from the bike.

Diann also bought one for her F650GS except in black, she likes it also.

Here's a photo of it on my F700GS.......Rod.

Attachments

• Packed.jpg
    Packed.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 185
Hi, I bought a Nelson Rigg tank bag model CL-1050 for my F700GS, it fits very well, doesn't interfere with the controls and is easy to remove from the bike.

Diann also bought one for her F650GS except in black, she likes it also.

Here's a photo of it on my F700GS.......Rod.

Who makes those yellow panniers you have hanging off the sides?

Your set up looks awesome. How do you like the 700? I bought one a few weeks ago and love it.

How are those Vario cases working out? I'm torn between them and putting aftermarket aluminum panniers on my F700gs. I'd have to get a different mount for the aftermarkets though.

I'm just going to throw this out there.

I ride every where all my buddies do on their F800GSs with my F650GS. From a few years of experience, you will want a much smaller tank bag when you are climbing some of those rough mountain passes and such and have to stand on the pegs.

If you have no plans to do anything technical, and just riding the roads, your set-up looks cool.

Your tank bag looks similar to the Giant Loop tank bag that I put on my bike. I do like the tank side bags, and may have to pick up one on my anticipated side trip to Aerostich in Duluth, Minn. this July.

Back