• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bing Carb Parts - Who Would Have Thunk That...

globalrider

Alps Adventurer
BMW NA pricing is substantially less than Bing Agency International, advertizers in the BMWMOA Owner's News.

I was just pricing BING parts (gaskets, O-rings, etc) for my carbs.

Max BMW (full list): $20.24
Bing Agency International: $35.66

I always got my Bing parts from BAI thinking aftermarket is cheaper...who would have thunk?

BMW NA pricing is substantially less than Bing Agency International, advertizers in the BMWMOA Owner's News.

I was just pricing BING parts (gaskets, O-rings, etc) for my carbs.

Max BMW (full list): $20.24
Bing Agency International: $35.66

I always got my Bing parts from BAI thinking aftermarket is cheaper...who would have thunk?

Been that way for years. One of the few things like that.
However, BMW only sells certain things, certain kits, etc. If not on the BMW fiche, you have to go to Bing, or some aftermarket source like Motobins in England.
Snowbum

Fear of dealers is irrational. Self-defeating, too.

Actually, I buy just about everything at the dealer, be it for my BMW motorcycles, Porsche or daily driver Honda.

What I get elsewhere are things such as Bosch or Beru items, basically items that are 100% equivalent to BMW, Porsche or Honda (same part less the maker's silk screening).

I buy a lot of Mobile Tradition stuff

I like to support the independents and the specialty parts guys but it is hard to pass up free shipping along with the discount I get from the dealer on a lot of restoration and refurbish parts I get. There are still somethings that the dealer can't get for you like knowledge and the odd ball parts so I mix it up often.

I'm glad that Bing is around although they are a little more expensive. I understand many BMW dealers don't work on airheads anymore. If thats true, just try going in and asking them to rebuild a carb.

Back