• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rick Mayer Seats

Slipster

Slipster
Looking for a bit more comfort and a little height increase to my low seat solo (1994 K75S)

Is Rick Mayer the best way to get to better comfort and still be able to shift position in the turns?

I saw his ad on the MOA Homepage and have seen his booth at the Rally last year.

Any testimonials good or bad?

Thank you and ride safe

Looking for a bit more comfort and a little height increase to my low seat solo (1994 K75S)

Is Rick Mayer the best way to get to better comfort and still be able to shift position in the turns?

I saw his ad on the MOA Homepage and have seen his booth at the Rally last year.

Thank you and ride safe

I had Rick custom fit a seat for My R11S a couple of years ago, much better than the stocker. Owned Corbin's, and Sargent's on some prior machines. If I had it to all over again...I'd head right on down the road to Rick again. Completely positive experience...

YMMV

Cheers!

Thank you and ride safe

I hear they are overrated.

Feels good to me..

I only have 13K on my Rick Meyer seat. I can say that it is a vast improvement over the comfort of the stock 2012 R1200 RT low seat pilot saddle. The price paid was well worth it. No affilliation.

Since you are going solo on your K75S a new saddle and a set of shocks will enhance your comfort and ride 1000%. It is a no lose win/win.

I had a Rick Mayer on my Victory Kingpin. I had a Russell on my 1996 K1100LT. When it came time to put a seat on my '11 R1200RT, I went to Russell. Is the RM seat better than a stock seat? Yes. The Russell is just that much better. IMO. YMMV.

Third bike with my third Rick Mayer seat. I recommend.

Do a forum search. This topic has been debated many many times. You'll find a ton of opinions and more info than you probably wanted to know.

Rick Mayer leather on the last two bikes. 07 GS and now a 2011RT. Great seat and I will buy one for that new bike in a year or two.
Mike

I have put Rick Mayer seats on 5 of my motorcycles. After 160,000 miles on one of them, a seam started to open up, and besides, the foam was starting to sack out. He completely rebuilt the seat with new foam and a new cover, for free under his lifetime warranty. I have put not quite half a million miles on his seats and been very pleased.

Love Ours!

I have two Rick M seats. One on a '02 K1200RS with 156K on the seat and the other on a '09 R1200GSA with 42K on the seat. Both are very good!

Thank you all for sharing your advice and experiences with Rick Mayer's Seats. I see where he offers a discount during his slow winter months so my Xmas Wish list has a new top request for Santa :thumb

Have one on my K13S. Like the seat, but had a really rough time with them in terms of customer service. It could have been an isolated issue, but they were not easy to deal with.

Buyer Beware

I paid a $500 deposit to Rick for a seat for my K1600GT in May of 2012. When I received the seats, in July, the passenger seat had a broken mount that had been tie wrapped back in place. I contacted the business and after trying to communicate with the receptionist finally got to talk to Rick. He told me to send the broken seat along with my OEM driver seat and he would make it right. I asked and he sent an email that stated I would not be penalized for not getting the OEM passenger seat back in the time period specified. When the passenger seat arrived I immediately sent the OEM to him. It has been over 15 months, now, and I have not been paid back the deposit that I sent. I have sent emails that were replied to, but was only told lies. Now he will not reply and will not return my deposit, so the seats that I got cost me an extra $500. I would not even consider buying another seat from Mayers, even if there were no other options!

RM saddles on my F800GS, my R1100S, and a previous KLR- well over 100,000 miles. Great saddles, great warranty. for pure touring, a Russell DayLong might be better, but if you like twisties, Rick provides a great product.

Have one on my K13S. Like the seat, but had a really rough time with them in terms of customer service. It could have been an isolated issue, but they were not easy to deal with.

+1 on lousy customer service and worse communication. I eventually got my seat, but heard a LOT of promises that didn't match the delivered product.

Helen has three RM saddles...always bragging to others about her experience...which is great product and service... she doesn't say the same for other brands she has ridden on.
I haven't put one on my bikes...two had Corbins at purchase. Next recover will be his. I'm not old enough for a Day Long yet:laugh:laugh:laugh

+1 on lousy customer service and worse communication. I eventually got my seat, but heard a LOT of promises that didn't match the delivered product.

The seat I have is nice but took about 6 weeks to be delivered opposed to the 2 weeks initially quoted. I also found the communication somewhat frustrating during that time.

Back