• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The MOA election is over but...................

Bud

It is what it is.
We need to continue to think about what we can do to either retain current members or recruit new members.

I would like to offer one suggestion and then hear what you think could be done.

My suggestion? Each of us try to recruit one new member in the next 12 months. How can you do this?

1. Carry an issue of the ON on your bike. Every time you speak to a non-member about joining, give them the ON and get their name and address so they can get 3 more free issues.

2. If you belong to a Chartered Club, ask your Club members if they belong to MOA. If not, refer to item #1.

Over and over again, studies show that a personal invitation if the most effective way to recruit.

What say you?

I think that's a no-brainer. I can't say I carry a copy of ON but I do promote the local and national club whenever I can.

Now you've got me thinking if I've actually convinced anyone to join. I'm not sure.

Maybe there should be a spot on the form to name the person who recruited the new member?

Our chartered club promotes the MOA at each meeting & at the Dells rally. We also got some magnetic and regular business cards with club info (meeting dates, URL) that members can 'leave' at conspicuous spots like near gas pumps or on a bike to promote the club. Then we can work on reeling in new members that show at the monthly meeting. Wish I could remember who had the great magnetic card idea so I could credit them.

Sent magically!

Possibly actively promote the MOA via BMW Dealers? I joined the RA at Schlossman's of Milwaukee during their open house last year while the RA had a membership drive and drawing at the dealership same time. I was imply going to register for the Biltmore Rally but the RA had a drawing (for those who joined the RA that day) to win a rally registration. There were probably a dozen people that joined up that day, I won the raffle.

Interesting responses. Thanks.

Hope to see some other members ideas as well. This is an issue for all of us if we wish to have MOA continue as a viable organization. :thumb

As I understand it, the San Antonio BMWRA has activities at our local dealer and sets up a booth to showcase not only their club but also they have MOA material on hand.

3 FREE Reply Cards

I have a supply of 3 FREE reply cards that I can send anyone who wants them. You can give these out to riders/owners that you come in contact with and we will send them three free issues of the BMW Owners News. The cards have all the relevant info and pack smaller than a magazine.

If you PM me or email ted@motografixx.com, I'll send you all you want. You can hand them out like candy and help the organization expand its reach! No obligation on the part of the individual and no strings attached.

3 free issues

I signed up my son for the 3 free issues when he got his BMW. He has yet to receive them. I guess he will not be joining; but I give him my old copies.

I signed up my son for the 3 free issues when he got his BMW. He has yet to receive them. I guess he will not be joining; but I give him my old copies.

What is his name? When did you sign him up? I can look into it and make sure he gets his issues.

A good idea for those renewing membership would be to send a couple of the new logo stickers out with their membership card.

Back