Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Clickety clack chain tensioner snaped

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    26

    Clickety clack chain tensioner snaped

    At 10,100 miles my 650gs let me down. The chain tensioner failed and the chain went all over the place. I call BMW roadside assistance and had the scooter sent to the dealer. The dealer needs to get authorization from mother BMW to open the engine and see what damage the chain may have done. It may take up to three weeks or more to fix. It all started when i was hearing a clickety clack when I came to a idle, not to loud but noisy, then it got real loud then bam so I turned the key off and called the tow truck. Well now I have some time to ride my new BMW GS1200 water cooled bike, the scooter was stealing the show when it came to GS.

    IBKING flatpic

  2. #2
    It is what it is. Bud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    6,511
    Quote Originally Posted by flatpic View Post
    At 10,100 miles my 650gs let me down. The chain tensioner failed and the chain went all over the place. I call BMW roadside assistance and had the scooter sent to the dealer. The dealer needs to get authorization from mother BMW to open the engine and see what damage the chain may have done. It may take up to three weeks or more to fix. It all started when i was hearing a clickety clack when I came to a idle, not to loud but noisy, then it got real loud then bam so I turned the key off and called the tow truck. Well now I have some time to ride my new BMW GS1200 water cooled bike, the scooter was stealing the show when it came to GS.

    IBKING flatpic

    Care to expand on how the scoot could could keep you off the wethead GS?
    Ride Well

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by sibud View Post
    Care to expand on how the scoot could could keep you off the wethead GS?
    Yes, I'm a heavy lane splitter and the scooter does it O' so good.

    The dealer tells me two valves are bent also, so i'll just hurry up and wait.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    26
    well, still in the shop waiting for parts, going on 5 weeks. the price to pay to be first on the block.

  5. #5
    Mars needs women! 35634's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    2,067
    Quote Originally Posted by flatpic View Post
    well, still in the shop waiting for parts, going on 5 weeks. the price to pay to be first on the block.
    I would not be a happy camper. BMW really needs to step up it's customer service game.
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    395

    Cool

    Out of curiosity did they offer a loaner, I would at the very least get bmw to extend the warrenty for the time they had the bike

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •