• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Advanced Search Feature

globalrider

Alps Adventurer
I would have used it to get answers on how to use the Advanced Search feature, but I rate it at 1/100.

So what magical terms do you have to enter if you want to perform a search for "Steering Head Bearings - R100 GS".

I got answers to just about everything else but the above. But that doesn't surprise me; some forums have totally useless search engines.:banghead

The forum search engine is definitely broken...it's been mentioned quite a few times and is on the list for the office to fix. Just have to wait a bit.

I've been using google's site search feature. Go to google and type "site:bmwmoa.org xxxx" where xxxx is what you're searching for. You can use quotes around xxxx to help isolate your search phrase. I've been having pretty good luck with that.

there are two boating forums I participate in that use that suggestion also. It does work, but I forgot it here.

Good News!

The search index database was rebuilt a couple of times and seems to be working much better! I've tried searching a bit and it seems to pull back a lot of info. I did this with the search box within a given forum as well as the main search box on the forum home page. There are advanced features to try in either case.

Happy searching! If you're having some issues or think something is missing, post something here. It may miss a few things here and there, but by in large, search seems to be working.

The search index database was rebuilt a couple of times and seems to be working much better! I've tried searching a bit and it seems to pull back a lot of info. I did this with the search box within a given forum as well as the main search box on the forum home page. There are advanced features to try in either case.

Happy searching! If you're having some issues or think something is missing, post something here. It may miss a few things here and there, but by in large, search seems to be working.
Yeah Kurt, things do seem to have improved. If any of the members have searched for something in the past, maybe they could try again and see how it works for them.
Gary

Back