• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Truly sad craigslist posting.............

It does have tank flames and really cool saddlebags!

Attachments

• bmw.jpg
    bmw.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 413
It does have tank flames and really cool saddlebags!

The steel rim in the foreground, the partial Beetle in the background and the gallon jug with a string............

What do you think the string is for?

I've seen much, much worse.. but that reminds me of this airhead I just picked up off craigslist. He was also asking $3500. I got it for $500.

Here's the main picture from the ad. If he had panned over you would have seen a much worse scene than what's in the OPs picture.

When I pulled out of his yard/driveway, there were two gangster wannabes with sagging pants mean-mugging me going down the street.. and they were riding horses. Haha.

Attachments

• 5355_10152892938350191_305974410_n.jpg
    5355_10152892938350191_305974410_n.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 389
Yup.

Yup. One of the Samsonite cases is locked, though.. and I don't have the key. Same for the fairing. I was able to open the top case with a key I had laying around. A Taiwanese tool set and some old insurance paperwork were all I found.

Post a pic of the key, someone might have a match. IRRC, they're the same as the luggage keys......

Those look like the kind of bikes I was getting pictures of down here in Central Texas a couple years ago. I posted that I wanted to trade my Triumph America for an Airhead. Ended up getting a beautiful bike, but it was the diamond in the rough patch of replies.

Post a pic of the key, someone might have a match. IRRC, they're the same as the luggage keys......

The key I have for the Vetter top box was just some random key I found that happened to work if I wiggled it enough. It's marked C415A.

I just confirmed again that it will not open the pocket on the Vetter fairing, apparently marked GB312.

20130908002_zps3c2df18f.jpg

Those look like the kind of bikes I was getting pictures of down here in Central Texas a couple years ago. I posted that I wanted to trade my Triumph America for an Airhead. Ended up getting a beautiful bike, but it was the diamond in the rough patch of replies.

For my "truly sad craigslist" find, the guy was asking $3500. I told him what he had and offered $500. He said someone in Texas was going to drive up and give him $4200. I told him to take that offer. Now.

He called back a couple days later and the deal was struck.

As a matter of fact, I might have a set of keys from my old Samsonites?....I'll look around.

Very cool. I can't find any markings on the locks, but just to refresh your memory:

20130908011_zps6ca4d7a9.jpg

Hey Nathan, you might be able to get half of that back, by selling the fairing and top box!:D

I've actually done quite well selling fairings in the past. This is really a nice looking set of Vetter fairing, Vetter top box, Samsonite luggage, and the associated mounts.. but they're not my style. I would love to get half my money back out of it by selling these!

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread..

Back