• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Travel Funnel

jeffd

For some reason I think I remember seeing an "L" shaped funnel that rolls up for storage when on the road. Anyone know where something like this may be found? I have found the simple coned shaped ones but I wonder how well that works on the K1200GT.
Thanks,
Jeff

New Pig corporation sells what is a ruber coated peice of lead that can be shaped as needed. I also like to use the waxed paper cone shaped cups that are used on the big drinking water/Gatoraide coolers.
OM

travel funnel

Tractorsupply sells a flexible spout that fits oil bottles. Rolled up in a paper towel, it fits neatly under the seat.
The Lonerider

A simple thing I have come to use that is always easily found and works ever so well for my K RS

A simple 20oz or so water from nearly any brand. This is what I do at home or on the road

If you need to add oil on the road, stop, buy a water and drink it. Then take your knife or whatever and cut a hole in the side of the bottle near the bottom about the size of a silver dollar.

Remove your oil filler cap, screw the bottle in the hole. Almost a perfect fit. Twist so the hole you cut is facing up. Add oil through the hole you cut. The bottle fits in the oil hole tight enough it is self supporting. Once finished tip the bottle up so last of the oil drains in. Remove it and throw away/recycle it.

I actually prefer this at home as the clean up is a lot easier than dealing will a dripping funnel.

Hope this helps ya

NCS

A simple thing I have come to use that is always easily found and works ever so well for my K RS

A simple 20oz or so water from nearly any brand. This is what I do at home or on the road

If you need to add oil on the road, stop, buy a water and drink it. Then take your knife or whatever and cut a hole in the side of the bottle near the bottom about the size of a silver dollar.

Remove your oil filler cap, screw the bottle in the hole. Almost a perfect fit. Twist so the hole you cut is facing up. Add oil through the hole you cut. The bottle fits in the oil hole tight enough it is self supporting. Once finished tip the bottle up so last of the oil drains in. Remove it and throw away/recycle it.

I actually prefer this at home as the clean up is a lot easier than dealing will a dripping funnel.

Hope this helps ya

NCS

That is an excellent tip there.
Thanks,
Jeff

Back