• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

oil weepage around oil pressure sensor

aapasquale

aapasquale
over the last three weeks or so have noticed a very small oil leak. Doesn't amount to more than a few drops every 3-4 days. I would still like to clear it up. i washed the bike last week to see if I could pinpoint the leak location. It is from the sensor area. The sensor is functioning properly and is tight. Is it possible for something inside the sensor to separate allowing miniscule oil leakage? I've been told that using a high temperature sealant (Permatex) around the last few threads might take care of it. Possible? I looked up the OEM sensor and it's only $16. It might be best to buy a new sensor and go with that. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Tony

In my case, the porcelain on the sensor itself was leaking. Get one for a BMW 325i with the E36 engine. Local parts stores have them.

Back