• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Added Givi Blade Tech 47l top case

BMW Triumphant

Ed Kilner #176066
Installation photos - and some installation tips - are on my blog.

No real experience with it yet, but it looks fine and the price is right.

This spring I added a Givi V46 topbox to my R11RS. Probably one of the best add-ons I've ever done to a motorcycle. My goal was to have easy storage for my laptop briefcase on my way to work, and a place for my helmet while at work. The V46 works great. There's plenty of room for my briefcase and plenty of room for my helmet. This could not be said for the sidecases. I had to do a lot of squeezing and turning to get either my laptop or my helmet to fit in the sidecases. No more. In fact, since I mostly use the bike for commuting, the sidecases are sitting safely in the garage, off the bike.

Givi makes good stuff, I think you'll really like that case. We also have a Givi on my wife's 125 Vino.

Also have a Givi v46 on my F800. Have put it through some paces. Had a bit of trouble with it when it got really dirty but performed all that was needed for my trips.

Also have Givi side bags, they are aerodynamic and have a small door to access smaller items.

Not sure how they would perform in a crash but who plans on crashes?

Down side is that they have a hard time keeping stickers stuck to them if you use armorall. Lesson learned.

Alaska+2012+from+nikon+092.jpg

Back