• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

911 working on GSW?

pjones7552

OLD BULL
Just got new GSW. First bike to really stir my soul since I sold my Maico in 1983.

I heard that the 911 diagnostic unit will not work on it. I have researched their web site and there is no specific reference to the GSW one way or another. I have been able to service my other boxers without the 911 to date, but it seems I will need to reset the service reminder indicator someway on the GSW.

Does anyone here have know if or when the 911 will work on the GSW?

Thanks in advance.

The HexCode people are working this. I had one for the "Wethead DVD" and it is pretty outstanding. The GS911 WiFi works great on any computer with WiFi and is pretty slick. They should be out soon.

Jim :brow

It is going to generate its own WiFi and be able to communicate with Iphones and Ipads (not now possible). With you might be able to plug in, put some safety tape on it and get live data while you ride . Anyway, like the man says it's coming. I bet next summer. Suppose to be backward compatible with all the bikes except the three prong connector type of way back. Save your current GS-911 for that.

It is going to generate its own WiFi and be able to communicate with Iphones and Ipads (not now possible). With you might be able to plug in, put some safety tape on it and get live data while you ride . Anyway, like the man says it's coming. I bet next summer. Suppose to be backward compatible with all the bikes except the three prong connector type of way back. Save your current GS-911 for that.

I've tested it on nearly everything and it works fine. Great concept, and very user friendly. It will give live data. No reason why you couldn't put it on, mount your wifi compatible phone and use it.

Jim :brow

I need to hook up with someone that upgraded to WC so I can buy their old 911. I had though about moving up from my 2010 GS but decided to put more miles on it first.

The HexCode people are working this. I had one for the "Wethead DVD" and it is pretty outstanding. The GS911 WiFi works great on any computer with WiFi and is pretty slick. They should be out soon.

In the process of doing some editorial on the product, I've learned that the next iteration of the GS-911 will support wi-fi, and with that will come a lot of changes.

This gadget is supposed to be available in March, 2014.

Note that the Hexcode people talk about their product operating in two modes: Full and emergency. Full is with their Windows app and does a whole ton of stuff. Emergency is things like reading and resetting error codes and other roadside doctoring.

Here's what I was told:

a) That FULL functionality will be implemented on the GS-911 wifi device for the K001 chassis type bikes (all new style LIN bikes such as the K1600 and Liquid Cooled)

b) Emergency functionality for all K1X and K24 chassis types (all the models and functionality that you will find in the current Android APP) will be implemented in the GS-911 wifi device (this may not happen in 2014)

c) following that, the remainder of the functionality (service functionality) of the K1X and K24 models will be added to the GS-911 wifi device

Hope this helps.

Ian

ps => I don't know what K1X and K24 chassis types means.....

K14: F 650 CS
K15: G 650 X{challenge,moto,country}
K16: G 450 X
K18: C 600 Sport
K19: C 650 GT

Don't know what the K24 is. Perhaps the R-nineT?

In the process of doing some editorial on the product, I've learned that the next iteration of the GS-911 will support wi-fi, and with that will come a lot of changes.

This gadget is supposed to be available in March, 2014.

Note that the Hexcode people talk about their product operating in two modes: Full and emergency. Full is with their Windows app and does a whole ton of stuff. Emergency is things like reading and resetting error codes and other roadside doctoring.

Here's what I was told:

a) That FULL functionality will be implemented on the GS-911 wifi device for the K001 chassis type bikes (all new style LIN bikes such as the K1600 and Liquid Cooled)

b) Emergency functionality for all K1X and K24 chassis types (all the models and functionality that you will find in the current Android APP) will be implemented in the GS-911 wifi device (this may not happen in 2014)

c) following that, the remainder of the functionality (service functionality) of the K1X and K24 models will be added to the GS-911 wifi device

Hope this helps.

Ian

ps => I don't know what K1X and K24 chassis types means.....

So Macs will still be left out in the cold for full functionality?

So Macs will still be left out in the cold for full functionality?

ANY device with a wifi interface and a browser will work with the GS-911wifi for NEW (wetheads, K1600) bikes. The existing bikes (hexheads, etc.) will need the PC app (which I run in a Virtual Box VM running windows on my Mac).

ANY device with a wifi interface and a browser will work with the GS-911wifi for NEW bikes. The existing bikes will need the PC app (which I run in a Virtual Box VM running windows on my Mac).

That sucks

Sent from my iPhone, inspected and certified by the NSA

Back