• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Trailer Wiring 2012 R1200GS

super8mm

I am thinking of putting a hitch on my 2012 GS so I can tow a trailer to some of the Scottish Highland games where I can host a clan tent.

I have a hitch I think I can rework a bit from my old Yamaha but was wondering about where to tap into the bikes wiring and do i need to use something like a Hoppy Electronic Power Taillight converter? I think its concept is to hook to the battery then the wiring on the bike, the bike wiring triggers the device to make the trailer lights work powered by the battery.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Your trailer isn't designed with pulse-modulated "voltages" to lights so you will need some means to convert bike signals.
Know nothing about the device you mentioned.

Your trailer isn't designed with pulse-modulated "voltages" to lights so you will need some means to convert bike signals.
Know nothing about the device you mentioned.

the company says the trailers gets it power from the converter which get it from the battery, all the bike wiring does is like trip a switch in the converter to signal the converter to turn on the trailer lights.

Back